Well it took nearly 52 years but I finally won something !!!

thegazzyb

Fans' Favourite
I won the International Newsletter subscribers' competition at the beginning of the month and my prize arrived today ! I didn't mention it earlier because I didn't want to jinx it :p

IMG_2556.jpeg
I am now the proud owner of an AFCB football with lots of squiggles on it !
:party:
Big props to the crew at AFCB who were lovely to deal with and very efficient in getting my prize off to me !
I can't believe I actually finally won something. Chuffed !

:utc:

I won the International Newsletter subscribers' competition at the beginning of the month and my prize arrived today ! I didn't mention it earlier because I didn't want to jinx it :p

View attachment 4739
I am now the proud owner of an AFCB football with lots of squiggles on it !
:party:
Big props to the crew at AFCB who were lovely to deal with and very efficient in getting my prize off to me !
I can't believe I actually finally won something. Chuffed !

:utc:

Nice one, beats my AFCB mug, coaster and key ring.

But very appreciated.

This was in the first lockdown from telephone quiz.

Many years ago I won an Eagle comic Dan Dare pocket watch. :grinning:

I still miss the club's lottery that we had years ago.

It was like playing a fixed slot machine.

A really good supply of lovely things for a few years.
Funnily enough I don't usually enter competitions but a bit like your fixed slot machine analogy, it felt like I'd have a very good chance of winning this one so I just decided to enter.

I think they only gave us three days to reply, which I thought was a very short time window plus you had to answer an AFCB related question which wasn't necessarily easy ( I resorted to Google for the answer ;) ).

Just the combination of those two factors made me think that I'd have a better than normal chance of winning, so this time I just decided to take a punt and finally got lucky ( although unfortunately not in a Snoots sense of the phrase ! ).

Funnily enough I don't usually enter competitions but a bit like your fixed slot machine analogy, it felt like I'd have a very good chance of winning this one so I just decided to enter.

I think they only gave us three days to reply, which I thought was a very short time window plus you had to answer an AFCB related question which wasn't necessarily easy ( I resorted to Google for the answer ;) ).

Just the combination of those two factors made me think that I'd have a better than normal chance of winning, so this time I just decided to take a punt and finally got lucky ( although unfortunately not in a Snoots sense of the phrase ! ).

Nice win.
But go on, tell us what was the question you had to answer :)

Nice win.
But go on, tell us what was the question you had to answer :)
I don't remember exactly. It was a "who scored the xth goal in our victory against so and so" type of question. It was a game from this season and my initial guess proved to be incorrect so it was just as well I googled it in the end. :yes:

I won a signed ball from a charity auction in 2018 which I put a proxy bid on.

It was in Shirley ... I was the only bid.

;