West Ham v AFC Bournemouth

We've reached the pinnacle of achievement for a club of our size and showed we could maintain such a high level for a couple of years which is fantastic but temporary. Without any further investment it was always going to be short stay at the top so the inevitable decline is now underway. The problem for management of the club is how far we slide down the leagues. We have survived at this level because of the ridiculous money from TV and advertising, once that goes as we slide down and current highly paid players leave us what is going to stop us? The ground fan base is built around a team residing in league 1 or 2. Blackburn and Bolton spring to mind and they have or had a bigger fanbase.

We've reached the pinnacle of achievement for a club of our size and showed we could maintain such a high level for a couple of years which is fantastic but temporary. Without any further investment it was always going to be short stay at the top so the inevitable decline is now underway. The problem for management of the club is how far we slide down the leagues. We have survived at this level because of the ridiculous money from TV and advertising, once that goes as we slide down and current highly paid players leave us what is going to stop us? The ground fan base is built around a team residing in league 1 or 2. Blackburn and Bolton spring to mind and they have or had a bigger fanbase.
Yeah, we know all that stuff. Any comment re the West Ham game ?

West Ham - not expecting miracles from him but please give Kilkenny a try. We know he puts in the effort and has good close control and passing skills... he also has a decent shot in him. So let's have him in an advanced midfield role linking to the forwards. Nothing to lose surely?

Some people feast on doom and gloom.
cherrybright obviously comes to mind.
we should have Smith and Ake back within a couple of weeks. It May be to soon for West Ham.
Also EH commented that Kelly and Danjuma should be back sooner than later.
These two will be like new signings who have had the benefit of at least training with the team.
See, not all bad.

Some people feast on doom and gloom.
cherrybright obviously comes to mind.
we should have Smith and Ake back within a couple of weeks. It May be to soon for West Ham.
Also EH commented that Kelly and Danjuma should be back sooner than later.
These two will be like new signings who have had the benefit of at least training with the team.
See, not all bad.
Let's face it, things were looking a lot worse on December 30th 2008.

Out With The Old & In With The New

After the disappointment of the Brighton defeat and the poor performance from our team, it’s time to leave the old year behind and start afresh on New Year’s Day with a more positive performance as we take on another struggling team in West Ham at the London Stadium. West Ham lost their home game against Leicester City and at the same time parted company with their manager Manuel Pellegrini of one season plus a few months of this season in charge.

Former manager David Moyes will be in charge when the Cherries visit the London Stadium. Struggling clubs parting with their managers and replacing them has become a bit of a norm for our club when we come to play them not long after the changes. David Moyes was brought in to try and save West Ham from a relegation fight in November 2017 with the Hammers in 18th place in the table. He did save them from relegation with West Ham finishing in 13th place, 9 points clear of relegation and 1 place and 2 points behind AFCB. But it wasn’t enough to secure a new contract and Moyes left at the end of the season. He was replaced by Manuel Pellegrini, but as things turned out he was only keeping the seat warm for Moyes to come back to again.

The Dean Court September 2-2 draw, Josh King and Callum Wilson scoring for AFCB, left West Ham in 5th place with 12 points. This was the 7th game of the season, AFCB were then on 11 points and in 8th place. West Ham then lost their next two games, first 1-2 at home against Crystal Palace and this was followed by a 2-0 defeat away against Everton. They then drew 1-1 at the London Stadium against Sheffield United. November was a bad month for West Ham losing three out of their four games. First at home 2-3 against Newcastle United and then 3-0 away at Burnley. Back home they lost to Spurs 2-3, before winning their last game of the month away against Chelsea 0-1. December was as bad as November, West Ham losing four of their five games. Away they lost to Wolves 2-0, then at home 1-3 against Arsenal. Their only win was away at Southampton by 0-1. Then came a 2-1 defeat away against Crystal Palace and finishing December with a 1-2 defeat at home against Leicester City.

AFCB’s last visit to the London Stadium ended in a 1-2 win, with the Cherries goals coming from Callum Wilson and Steve Cook. On our visits away against West Ham in the league, AFCB have W 2, D 1, L 2. In all competitions, AFCB have W 4, D 5, L 5.

West Ham Team News
Andriy Yarmolenko has been out with a hamstring injury. Jack Wilshere out with groin injury. David Martin recovering from a thigh injury but could be back for Saturday’s squad. A player who will return is Aaron Cresswell after suspension for picking up 5 cards.

West Ham Player To Watch
Sébastien Haller the big striker could cause us problems and the other player is Michail Antonio with his pace, he had a good game against Saints the other week.

AFCB Team News
Looks like we could now be missing Josh King and Jack Stacey, both picked up hamstring injuries against Brighton. Simon Francis may be available after a knee injury.

AFCB Player To Watch
Hoping Jefferson Lerma will be available to start, we badly missed him against Brighton and he has been our most consistent and reliable player this season.

Expect Moyes' West Ham to play 3-5-2. This was his usual formation when he was there last time. I'd like to see Eddie front up with a 4-1-4-1 again, as per Chelsea. Stifle the midfield and let Lerma sit on Lanzini (or whoever he opts to play behind their strikers). Aim to frustrate and look for the counter attack when their wing backs are advanced. Hopefully the home support will air their grievances as the game progresses. 0-1

Franno/Smith* -- S Cook -- Ake -- Rico
-------------------- Jeff --------------------
Stan ---- Gosling ---- L Cook ---- Fraser
-------------------- King* ------------------

*injured?

Whats that got to do with the title of the post - West Ham game ? theres enough feckin doom and gloom threads already - use one of those.

I'd go with Christian Saydee in attack with King and Junior. Likes of Callum, Harry, Billing, Fraser and Solanke don't deserve to be in the squad. So I'd flood the middle with Gosling, Cook and Lerma with same back 4 presuming everyone else still injured.

West Ham poll re Moyes return.

However the 56-year-old appears to have his work cut out in order to persuade the fan base that he is the right man to succeed the recently-departed Pellegrini following the overwhelmingly-decisive poll.

The question asked was: "Do you support the installation of David Moyes as West Ham United's next full-time manager?" The results were as follows:

KUMB.com
Yes: 18%
No: 74%
Unsure: 8%

KUMB Facebook
Yes: 16%
No: 76%
Unsure: 8%

KUMB Twitter
Yes: 12%
No: 78%
Unsure: 10%

Totals
Yes: 15%
No: 76%
Unsure: 9%

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=134168

Just like the last few games we really need to get behind the players.

they can turn this around.
We've not reached our peak throughout the whole of 2019to be fair. So let's start 2020 with a clean slate and all start pulling in the same direction. Management, playing staff and supporters. I still don't believe we will go down but if it happens then let's at least all go down fighting." Premier league we're having a laugh ".

We didn’t take advantage when the VAR decision went in our favour.

But things always seem to happen in threes, so win at Chelsea, VAR in our favour at Brighton, you can guess what comes next, ..........

the failure to respond to that boost on Saturday was very disappointing but I am glad we are avoiding some of the refs that don’t seem to give us anything (not mentioning names!)

Mmm Aaaaaa. Which referee could you be be talking about?

I say flood the midfield like against Chelsea. Do we know if Stacey, Lerma and King have recovered? Fingers crossed they have. I think Stacey's done pretty well of late and has really stepped up as has Mephem after a scary couple of matches. In my humble opinion, I'd go for: Ramsdale, Stacey (Stanislas if Stacey injured), S Cook (Franno if Cook not able to play 2 matches in a few days with wrist), Mephem, Rico, Lerma, Billing, Gosling, H Wilson (on the right), King (on the left - Fraser if King injured) with C Wilson upfront. I know Cal's not done well recently but he has to score sooner or later.... SURELY... and he has a good history against the Hammers. I also think King has been most effective this season when on the left. Not sure about H Wilson on the right but as he's a bit hit and miss but I'd hope for a hit. I don't think Fraser has done enough this season to convince that he should start... same for Lewis Cook.

;