What the hell is going on.

Very funny. I’ll bite and answer.
We don’t match opposition teams in terms of desire and fight, we have gotten away with it so far due to individual quality but it was always bound to come back and bite us. Strangely I actually feel quite positive, watching Roro, Surridge and Anthony give there all for the cause reminded me what it was like to enjoy watching your team play. I am happy as long as I can see the players fighting for the cause.

Was definitely a tactical decision that made Riquelme look rubbish I feel, and on his first start too.

He probably isn't the sort of player you play out of position trying to hold the ball up on the wing and pass backwards on his wrong foot because nobody can play a ball in front of him.

I really fear we might not make the top 6.

Beaten by SW who were second bottom at the time, and almost humiliated by a Preston team who had shipped a lot of goals in their last two heavy defeats.

We, as opposition are everyone elses cup final, given we were PL last season.

We think we are still PL and we aren't.

As soon as Tindall makes the players aware of the fact, we may well be competitive in a match, hopefully for the full 90.

Not the second half, or the last 20 mins.

The FULL GAME.

It's an attitude problem.

You keep saying how impressed you were with Riquelme. He was totally ineffective to the point where he was taken off at half time.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not scapegoating him just don’t know what you saw in him today to warrant you singling him out for praise.
I was impressed with his off the ball work, he was the only one harrying and pressing the opposition to any effect or intensity, he won the ball back on a couple of occasions. If all ten outfield players apply themselves in this way then you give yourself a chance regardless of how well you perform on the ball.

We do seem to have an attitude problem as we think we can just turn up and beat the opposition because we were in the PL
Jason has work to do in that area
On a brighter note the youngsters did really well

UTCIAD

We do seem to have an attitude problem as we think we can just turn up and beat the opposition because we were in the PL
Jason has work to do in that area
On a brighter note the youngsters did really well

UTCIAD
Ok it could be a complacency issue.
Even look at this site before the Rotherham game. There were many on here who were saying we should rest ‘x’ players for the game . Even many of this site were expecting us to walk that game

Soooooo....because the fans are a bit complacent and expect us to turn up against Rotherham and Preston... that means it's ok for the players to do the same??

Complacency is exactly the same as an attitude problem.

Except..... KBG defending, Al Gard in goal, and Reservoir Red attacking isn't going to happen is it?

Soooooo....because the fans are a bit complacent and expect us to turn up against Rotherham and Preston... that means it's ok for the players to do the same??

Complacency is exactly the same as an attitude problem.

Except..... KBG defending, Al Gard in goal, and Reservoir Red attacking isn't going to happen is it?
No what I am saying is players do get complacent and how many people expected Preston to turn up and play aswell as the did ? I don’t think the players did, or the management or even us fans.
All I’m saying about us fans is that we think we should be able to turn up and walk over teams . We have one of the best squads in the league but other teams have good players .

If fans had been in the ground last night the players would be getting a rocket from the terraces at 3-0 down. And then they would have gotten great encouragement at 3-2. Perhaps they need that to help motivation. They shouldn't...but it's possibly a factor.

Preston away form would have been noted by the management team.

One of their cb is rumoured to be on afcb transfer target list.

No what I am saying is players do get complacent and how many people expected Preston to turn up and play aswell as the did ? I don’t think the players did, or the management or even us fans.
All I’m saying about us fans is that we think we should be able to turn up and walk over teams . We have one of the best squads in the league but other teams have good players .

I think the expectation from management and players should be that every match is going to be extremely tough, otherwise we're asking for trouble.

Preston were always going to be tough... They also beat Norwich who are .... erm... top of the table...

Why do we go into panic overdrive every time we lose...!!! Yes, our style suggests we need to dominate possession to be effective, however this is the season that is unlike any other... We have no right to beat anyone, home or away... We will continue to come up against sides that have done their homework...

The relentless schedule is probably already having an effect on plenty of sides, especially those with rather thin squads... We really miss Danjuma atm...

Constant rotation results in zero consistency...

There is no home advantage currently, hence PNE gaining 90% of their points on the road (a fact that seems to have been forgotten)...

Everything could change when fans start coming back, adding more pressure on sides that have, up until now, been playing with 100% freedom...

We'll continue to plug away and I have every faith that we'll be 'up there' somewhere come the end of the season...

Heads up folks...!!! Barnsley on Friday will also be a tough game!... We might even struggle a little...!!! ;)

;