When Stan and Cook are ready...

• Thread starter removed at users request
  • Start date
R

removed at users request

Was wondering what SP will decide when Lewis and Junior are ready to play again...

Will Lewis be sub and Marcondes left out? Will Morgan Rogers be left out with Stan on the bench? Always a chance Stan will get injured again, sadly, so think Rogers is important. Also, wondering if there will be any January leavers... Brooks maybe?

On a plus note, we've got a pretty good squad. We were worried about Travers but he's doing well. Very pleased to see him come out a bit a punch the ball away on Saturday.

I think both will have to work hard to gain a place in the side but I think we could see rotation between Pearson, Cook and Lerma depending on the fixture.

Cook offers something different in terms of vision from deep, like I think we sometimes miss Kilkenny for. Stan offers goals which our current widemen don’t.

It’s going to be intriguing! Still think we will go for players in window ourselves if we are in with a shout.

Agree. Can't imagine them all being started together as they are similar types of player. Lerma and Pearson looking forming a great partnership so Lewis would be thr back up for me. Stan is more of a goal scoring threat than Anthony but Anthony is doing really well and has that great understanding with Zemura.

When we face opposition such as Wycombe who play so deep, Lerma is basically pointless. Cook or Killkenny can help in those situations.

I can see Stanislas and Anthony sharing left wing duties depending on the situation.

I think both Stanislas and Cook offer us options to our attacking play that we currently lack (even though Cooks not an attacking midfielder as such, but has more creativity, looks to go play forward more than our current centre mids.)

Not guarenteed starters by any means, but certainly provide something a but different.

Like Gloria mentioned, is that although Stanislas is better than Anthony on paper (at present), will his inclusion weaken our left side as will lower Zemuras performances as he won;t be playing with his partner in crime. Won't matter too much anyway as Stanislas will no doubt have fitness issues for half the season.

I think it was interesting that Parker played Stan as one of the no.8s alongside Billing against Blackpool....having Stan link up with Christie and Smith like Billing does over the other side could be quite exciting.

Isn't it great to have these problems. As others have noted, the depth and balance of this season's team is something to behold. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

This is in no way meant as a criticism but a complement being paid by other teams to the impact Anthony has made. I think he's been less influential in recent matches but he's had extra attention on him.

When he first came on the scene I'd imagine the focus was on ensuring the opposition were well prepared on the other side of the pitch to nullify the perceived threat of Brooks without knowing a lot about JA. Now, teams will also be well aware of him and the moves he likes to make so will be setting up that side to try and make life more difficult for him. Overcoming that is the next stage in his development.

A fit and on form Stan is still miles ahead of Anthony, but then a fit and on form Stan is a player good enough for the top 10 in the PL. Anthony still has lots of time to develop his game and get there.

If Junior is fit for the next game, I'd imagine he'll be on the bench. What happens in the game after that... time will tell.

As for Lewis Cook, it opens up three CM setups to us since Kilkenny has dropped out of contention. As has been said above, he's Kilkenny but with more experience and, at this point, talent.

He might not walk immediately in, but he’s obviously the best left sided attacker we have. So maybe he’d limp in…
Don’t think we’ll see him on the left, more of a central player these days. Agree though, he should play when fit. If he is ever fit that is.

This is in no way meant as a criticism but a complement being paid by other teams to the impact Anthony has made. I think he's been less influential in recent matches but he's had extra attention on him.

When he first came on the scene I'd imagine the focus was on ensuring the opposition were well prepared on the other side of the pitch to nullify the perceived threat of Brooks without knowing a lot about JA. Now, teams will also be well aware of him and the moves he likes to make so will be setting up that side to try and make life more difficult for him. Overcoming that is the next stage in his development.

A fit and on form Stan is still miles ahead of Anthony, but then a fit and on form Stan is a player good enough for the top 10 in the PL. Anthony still has lots of time to develop his game and get there.

If Junior is fit for the next game, I'd imagine he'll be on the bench. What happens in the game after that... time will tell.

As for Lewis Cook, it opens up three CM setups to us since Kilkenny has dropped out of contention. As has been said above, he's Kilkenny but with more experience and, at this point, talent.

He's a great player at this level, but I think top 10 pl player is pushing it.

He might not walk immediately in, but he’s obviously the best left sided attacker we have. So maybe he’d limp in…

What I love about Stan is his ability to make an impact really quickly. Because of that, I'd maybe just keep him as a sub. It would protect against injury too.

Don’t think we’ll see him on the left, more of a central player these days. Agree though, he should play when fit. If he is ever fit that is.

I don’t see him fitting into a central position under Parker.

What I love about Stan is his ability to make an impact really quickly. Because of that, I'd maybe just keep him as a sub. It would protect against injury too.

I think the opposite to be honest, he often needs a few games to bed in and find his mojo, but when he does there isn’t many better.

He played most of the games last season. As soon as he’s fully fit, he will be at least on the bench.

;