Joshua King

The King deserves his own tribute thread, our best ever goalscorer in the PL. Big goals againts Liverpool, Saints, Chelsea, Villa, Man Utd (all away). Signifcant goals at Swansea and Pompey and many goals against West Ham (many times), Everton (many times)

Time for Josh to move on. Should have happened sooner. Very good move for him.

Thankfully we can now end this chapter and move on. King had stopped playing for us both mentally and physically a year ago. Now his spot can be taken by a player who actually wants to be a part of team

Eeeeeerm. Wasn't he injured a lot of last season? Then scored a few goals when he did play and had a couple of goals disallowed as well. He's also played well on and off this season. I would say he may have lost focus naturally because he thought it was time to move on but I don't think it was deliberate. He wasn't being picked, either, which couldn't have been great for his confidence. The migraine thing was weird... but he did have Covid later. I'mean choosing to remember him as a good player for us who generally put in really good shifts but just decided to move on. He's no different to 90% of footballers. He didn't owe us loyalty to want to stay on. Look at how brutal the club have been with Gozzo. They'don't have pushed him out when the time was right too. On the pay roll, he had a duty to work hard and I think he generally did. Good for him if he wanted to move on.

Eeeeeerm. Wasn't he injured a lot of last season? Then scored a few goals when he did play and had a couple of goals disallowed as well. He's also played well on and off this season. I would say he may have lost focus naturally because he thought it was time to move on but I don't think it was deliberate. He wasn't being picked, either, which couldn't have been great for his confidence. The migraine thing was weird... but he did have Covid later. I'mean choosing to remember him as a good player for us who generally put in really good shifts but just decided to move on. He's no different to 90% of footballers. He didn't owe us loyalty to want to stay on. Look at how brutal the club have been with Gozzo. They'don't have pushed him out when the time was right too. On the pay roll, he had a duty to work hard and I think he generally did. Good for him if he wanted to move on.
A good speech but , nah, my opinion differs. He had one good spell scoring 16 goals but the rest has been indifferent. Unfortunately the Man Utd thing last January probably did it for him as a Bournemouth player and I don't think we ever saw true commitment from him afterwards. He contributed to us being relegated and I think everyone was surprised he was still with us at the start of this campaign, including himself. Arguably we playedd better at the start of the season without him but JT seemed to want to shoehorn him in , and why not ,he was meant to be one of our better players after all. Unfortunately all I saw in him this season was half arsed. However, your right that over the years he's been with us he's been a half decent servant and it is a slight shame that he's left scurrying out the back door on a pathetic loan deal to the end of the season. It's a shame we couldnt have got some decent money for him but he didn't do the decent thing for us and sign an extension that would mean we could've commanded a fee for him. He came very close to becoming the Wee Turd 2. We all remember players differently but for me I'm glad he's gone

Great news, really pleased for Josh, the best striker to ever pull on a Bournemouth shirt.

The prospect of swapping Tindall for Ancelotti will have him chomping at the bit.

Well done Josh you deserve it.
Disgagree with you there. Self obsessed image conscious and holding on desperately to the football money train as it pulls out of the station. Had a good spell 3 seasons ago and could deliver a good game if the opposition motivated him. He was tired of being with us and am sure the dressing room will be less edgy now he has gone.

Sadly King's legacy is partly tarnished by the last year although some blame must lie with our executive team. Turned down a bid of £20M from MU last January. Turned down another so we are told from West Ham for £13M so in the end only £5M less the wages we have paid out and possible discontent in the dressing room.

Sadly King's legacy is partly tarnished by the last year although some blame must lie with our executive team. Turned down a bid of £20M from MU last January. Turned down another so we are told from West Ham for £13M so in the end only £5M less the wages we have paid out and possible discontent in the dressing room.

RE Man Utd - We took a punt on him helping us stay up...
RE WHU - We took a punt on keeping hold and him helping us get back up...

Neither worked out and we are where we are... We gained £4m on his purchase fee and he was a massive part in helping us stay in the PL for 5 seasons, with the only time we flirted with relegation, being the time we actually went down...

Yes we've lost money but it was always gamble, and unfortunately it didn't pay off financially.

Good luck to him and lets focus on putting this to bed and looking forwards now...

Can you imagine the grief the board would have taken on here if they'd accepted £20m for one of our two main strikers last January - still pre Corona and so the PL money pit still appeared endless - on deadline day with no time to get in a replacement and us in the middle of a relegation fight? People would still be bemoaning it in 60 years time as the worst decision ever made by an AFCB board.

That it didn't work out does change the fact it was the right decision from the point of view of the club.

Ditto to refusing the West Ham bid which was something like £5m down rising to £13m under a whole bunch of clauses. If we'd have accepted such a terrible deal at the time it would have sent out the message we were looking to offload everyone. Then we'd have started getting stupid speculative bids for Brooks etc and have been left in an extremely difficult situation with even more dissatisfaction in the dressing room.

Again, the fact Brooks has gone off the boil and looked a shadow of his former self does change the fact that by resisting low ball bids for King we sent out a message that clubs would have to pay our asking price for other players.

I have no problem with the work the board have done in the King transfer over the past twelve months. I have significant problems with King's professionalism over the past twelve months that has coloured his legacy and memory of his time as an AFCB player in my eyes.

Everton is often a graveyard of talented players. Let's see how he gets on. Although, I will add, I was pleased to see him make that choice ahead of the Fulham move.

I’m glad the saga is over, 12 months ago I was actually really disappointed for him that he didn’t get his move to Manchester United.

At that point in time I thought he deserved it and wouldn’t have begrudged letting him go.

A £1million signing who couldn’t score for Blackburn in the Championship, turned into our leading Premier League goal scorer by Howe.

Turns out Manchester United were playing games and King was never the same.

He put in two decent performances over the past twelve months, once against Man Utd, once against Everton. Showing the player he can be, when he wants to be. But he just didn’t want to be that player for us any longer.

He’s not the best striker we’ve ever had, that is quite clearly Callum Wilson, who is far more clinical and leads the line far better.

But King is the best explosive, powerful wide attacker we’ve ever had. Despite the last year, I’ll look back on the old King fondly. Especially the goals against ironically Manchester United.

Can you imagine the outcry that would have happened had we sold him then? Sorry, but you're just using hindsight to assume things would have been better.

I thought he was an excellent player for us and thank him for what he did.
Must admit though, particularly at the beginning of this season, his attitude dropped as he hadn’t got a move to a Premier club.
Still.....I wish him all the best.
By the way...I hear all the frantic business last night has given him a bit of a migraine....:whist:

Great news, really pleased for Josh, the best striker to ever pull on a Bournemouth shirt.

The prospect of swapping Tindall for Ancelotti will have him chomping at the bit.

Well done Josh you deserve it.
...best striker ever to pull on an AFCB shirt?...not even in my top 5 (SuperMac/Colin Clarke/Callum Wilson/James Hayter & Efan Ekoku)...I want him to fail and consume some humble pie!

"Can you imagine the outcry that would have happened had we sold him then? Sorry, but you're just using hindsight to assume things would have been better."

Perhaps not with the MU bid Rob but the West Ham money, in whatever form, would still have represented a bigger yield, including wages paid out, given at the time there were a lot of sales.

I do not wish him ill, as some do, he was an Eddie Howe success through our time in the Premier League and like so many gave us some wonderful memories. I just wish it had been done and dusted before the season and a n other, or Surridge, was bedded in now rather than scraping the barrel with Shane Long.

;