Who deserves a new contract?

Surman for definite....and H.Wilson....I reckon If Harry came to us permanently he would be one the best things ever to happen to the club...brilliant movement and can score out of nothing....can't see why fans are not convinced..I really can't!
I think Brooks is slightly better... and having both fit would be a luxury.
Daniels and Francis deserve another year also.

the days of us paying a substantial fee for a player, which Liverpool would demand for Wilson, are long gone

Surman for definite....and H.Wilson....I reckon If Harry came to us permanently he would be one the best things ever to happen to the club...brilliant movement and can score out of nothing....can't see why fans are not convinced..I really can't!

Yeah, I think wilson will keep getting better and better with constant exposure to top flight football with us. He already has the natural talent for the amazing stuff, just needs to be made slightly more well rounded for the role we need him to do.

The again, thought similar with ibe, difference being wilson has frequently proven he can make an impact at PL level over the past year, whereas ibe had only delivered at champ level.

Considering we defeated relegation with huge points hit and embargo, then climbed all the way to the Premier League to beat some of the biggest teams in the world; calling the signing of a weaker Brooks "one the best things ever to happen to the club" feels a bit strong ;)

It's going to a big clear out with lot of wages saved which is needed.
Defoe, Ibe, B.Smith, Fraser and Begovic will all officially be off the wage bill.
Daniels, Surman, Boruc and Francis will have to agree new terms or go. Maybe a second chance for Harry Arter or he'll be sold.
H.Wilson will go back to Liverpool. And unfortunately King, Ake,Rambo and Lerma will be sold if we go down, some will go if even if we stay up.

It's going to a big clear out with lot of wages saved which is needed.
Defoe, Ibe, B.Smith, Fraser and Begovic will all officially be off the wage bill.
Daniels, Surman, Boruc and Francis will have to agree new terms or go. Maybe a second chance for Harry Arter or he'll be sold.
H.Wilson will go back to Liverpool. And unfortunately King, Ake,Rambo and Lerma will be sold if we go down, some will go if even if we stay up.

Begovic isn’t a certainty.

H. Wilson, second highest goalscorer one goal behind Callum, I don't really get the indifference on here, I’ve seen worse players come on loan. I cannot see him getting near the Liverpool first team, if he realises that and settles in somewhere I think he will be a solid EPL player below the top six. Maybe the fee is a worry and our previous experience with Liverpool, but with vultures circling around King, Fraser, Brookes and Callum, we may need someone we know can play for us.

I think the problem people have with HW is that he offers you goals but it appears not a lot more than that. Strikers might get away with that but most wingers won't. Whether that's fair or not is a matter of opinion but in our setup we can't afford luxury wingers. They have to be part of the overall machine or the whole thing breaks down.

If he was a Zaha type where the whole team revolves around him then you make allowances but he's nowhere near that level.

Whether the not contributing elsewhere thing is an incorrect perception, whether it's down to him being a younger winger that still has maturing to do (not unusual in that position for some reason) or whether it's bang on I'm not qualified to say. However, given Liverpool were reportedly after £25 million for him last summer they can do one. If we stayed up then as a (PL money) £10 million punt I might go for it but there's zero chance of them accepting that.

The big question is whether h Wilson and Fraser will still be around for final games of the season.
Not sure if the people advocating we should buy Wilson, don't go to live games, like bill. Yes he pops up and scores vital goals, but tackling back and a habit of losing his player, has cost us.
He looks better in the middle than out wide.

Not sure if the people advocating we should buy Wilson, don't go to live games, like bill.
Cant speak for Bill but I missed three games live last season and two of those were v Liverpool. You can also mention mistakes of nearly everyone in the team that cost us games. Everyone sees things differently.

I’ve said it before I think he played ok and certainly tried hard in a team that struggled most of the season and couldn’t really establish an understanding with the three or four constantly changing right backs he played in front of. I just feel he has potential, and maybe the term luxury player is the best summary. Personally I would have liked to see him played more centrally behind Callum in the role Eddie seemed only to see Solanke in. The truth is, if Brookes stays, and stays fit, he wouldn’t get in our first team and there are pros and cons to the argument and in the end I think the price will put Eddie off anyway.

Whichever league we end up in next season, I can't see us having a big enough budget to just allow Franno, Daniels, Surman, Ibe, Fraser to leave. Replacing all those plus some of our better players if we got relegated would be a huge task.
Would offer one year contracts to SF, CD, & AS, as they have been good servants to the club and still have something to offer, albeit as squad players. Think Boruc has sadly come to the end of the line and should be released.
Either way, there's a lot of restructuring of transfer policy required, we simply cannot afford to keep gambling huge amounts of money on players that don't "cut it".
H.Wilson will thankfully be out of our reach, as he'd probably not represent good value for money imho.

I think the problem people have with HW is that he offers you goals but it appears not a lot more than that. Strikers might get away with that but most wingers won't. Whether that's fair or not is a matter of opinion but in our setup we can't afford luxury wingers. They have to be part of the overall machine or the whole thing breaks down.

If he was a Zaha type where the whole team revolves around him then you make allowances but he's nowhere near that level.

Whether the not contributing elsewhere thing is an incorrect perception, whether it's down to him being a younger winger that still has maturing to do (not unusual in that position for some reason) or whether it's bang on I'm not qualified to say. However, given Liverpool were reportedly after £25 million for him last summer they can do one. If we stayed up then as a (PL money) £10 million punt I might go for it but there's zero chance of them accepting that.

I’ve seen him have good games and definitely good periods in games but also seen him look fairly ineffectual as well.
Towards the end of the season I would definitely say I’ve seen an improvement, he looked like he wanted to be involved in games more and saw one game (can’t remember which) where he put in a real defensive shift too, which I always like to see from a winger, shows team spirit and desire to fight for the cause. Admittedly I would like to see it a lot more often :). I understand people’s concerns but, as with Ake, you know what your getting after they have been on loan.

Does anyone know how long he’s got left on his Liverpool contract ? Might be getting twitchy and feel the need for a longer contract somewhere (but appreciate he might not even want to sign for us.)

Money wise, if we lost King I wouldn’t mind 1/3 of his transfer going on Wilson. If we don’t get any big money in through sales then I would be a lot more reticent about splashing out.

The difficulty with Wilson is finding a place where he fits into the side. Compared to Brooks he lacks the pace and the dribbling ability. Quite a big thing for a winger.

If he plays centrally he has more opportunity to use his shooting ability but I’m not really convinced he has the vision or skill to play those eye of the needle passes.

I would imagine the players have been told if they will be offered a new contract but will not be finalised until we know what league we're in for our budget before wages are offered, so CD SF and AS might all know a deal is on table just waiting to hear how much wage is on table

I've watched all of our home games at DC. There have genuinely been times when I forgot H Wilson was on the pitch and have to search for him when I realise he must be there somewhere. He just fades in and out and has long periods of almost no influence. Contrast with Pugh is stark.

Harry Wilson has a wand of a left foot. Unfortunately that is literally all he has. He’s slow, he can’t dribble, often looks like he doesn’t really understand what has been asked of him and work rate questionable. Wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole whatever league we are in tbh, not fit to be even mentioned in the same sentence as Brooks imo. As for Fraser, wouldn’t even offer him the extension until the end of the season, genuinely feel the only chance we have of surviving is everybody pulling in the same direction. Just get him off the wage bill at the first opportunity, he’s done way more harm than good this season.

The big question is whether h Wilson and Fraser will still be around for final games of the season.
Not sure if the people advocating we should buy Wilson, don't go to live games, like bill. Yes he pops up and scores vital goals, but tackling back and a habit of losing his player, has cost us.
He looks better in the middle than out wide.
Hopefully they won’t be tbh. I appreciate it would leave us short if injuries were to occur, but I’d rather see Kilkenny Dobre et al given a go than having to watch Frasers half assed ambling down the wing with a face like he’s chewing a wasp.

Said it many times before ,Wilson is not a winger and hasnt played there for other clubs,he is more suited to being a number ten,as proved at Derby where he scored 15 times.
I agree he isnt a winger,then again i dont think Brooks is either in the traditional sense.

Said it many times before ,Wilson is not a winger and hasnt played there for other clubs,he is more suited to being a number ten,as proved at Derby where he scored 15 times.
I agree he isnt a winger,then again i dont think Brooks is either in the traditional sense.
To be honest there aren’t any wingers in the traditional sense in any of the top leagues any more. The closest is probably Alphonso Davies at Bayern, but he plays as a left back

;