Who deserves a new contract?

blandford_cherry

UTC Legend
Eddie’s interview says the players who have a contract expiring 30th June are in discussions to extend them until the close of season.

These are the players who as of that date are technically out of contract as it stands.

Simon Francis
Charlie Daniels
Andrew Surman
Jack Simpson
Artur Boruc
Harry Wilson (loan)
Jordan Ibe (will leave)
Ryan Fraser (offered but not signed)

I would offer them all a 1 year extension regardless of league status apart from Simpson and Boruc. Simpson isn’t going to cut it in this league in my opinion but has needed a loan for the last season or two I think. Boruc hasn’t played a game this season, time for Travers to step up to no 2 or sign a deputy for Ramsdale, again, even if we get relegated Boruc will probably go?

Surman, Daniels, Francis are all good to keep hold of for another season based on experience alone and surprised we haven’t heard of 1 year extensions for them by now.
Obviously Ibe and Fraser will go, and with Harry Wilson who knows.

:agree:
I guess a good question is whether you would sign Harry Wilson if he was interested.
There were signs that he was growing into the team. I would guess that his focus may not have been solely as a Bournemouth player on arrival as I would imagine is the case with a lot of loanees. He’s had best part of a season, knows what we are about, him wanting a contract would reflect well on the management team. I would be interested as long as it’s a sensible price, but have slight reservations.

I'd look at next season as financial consolidation. I'd give Francis and Daniels a year to keep pushing the younger guys and cover injures.

Artur is a legend but seems to be getting injured quite a lot, Rambo has solidified his place and Travers is there for cover if needed.

Surman sits bottom of the pack of CM group with young and experience and his style doesn't fit the team since we adapted to the Premier League.

I'd want Simpson if we went down because we'd have to sell every one we could in order to offset our huge debt and couldn't pay much in the way for fees for others.

As for signing Harry Wilson. He's a luxury player, his all-round game is noticeably weaker than most of the team but can come up with moments of magic. Probably worth a punt on a free but no way for the £15M+ I'm sure that Liverpool will ask for him.

Last edited:
Francis and Surman would be the only 2 I'd keep regardless of what league were in next season.

Surman, Franno and Daniels are dead carts to remain at the club in some capacity or other.

Boruc to finally hang his gloves up

Simpson renew, keep if we go down and loan out to Champ if we stay up. A season of regular Champ football is what he needs now, just depends whether that's with us or not.

Wilson, fairly sure the asking price will be too much. There's a player in there somewhere but not at 15-20m.

Ibe and Fraser will go in their respective directions.

:agree:
I guess a good question is whether you would sign Harry Wilson if he was interested.
There were signs that he was growing into the team. I would guess that his focus may not have been solely as a Bournemouth player on arrival as I would imagine is the case with a lot of loanees. He’s had best part of a season, knows what we are about, him wanting a contract would reflect well on the management team. I would be interested as long as it’s a sensible price, but have slight reservations.
Definitely not for me, a good left foot but offers little else and gets knocked off the ball way to easily, he's one of a number of reasons we find ourselves in the bottom three imo, let Leeds have him.

I’d imagine all but Ibe will be offered deals until the end of July at least.

Fraser won’t sign if his next move is already signed a sealed. Can’t imagine his new club would want him to risk injury even if he can’t play for them until the start of the following season.

For Francis and Daniels, I would offer them a contract which pays them less when they are not in the 18 and a coaching role if they want it. For Surman, i would definitely offer him a new contract, I think he is a wonderful footballer despite not having any pace. He is also a true professional who is always someone to look up to for someone like Kilkenny or Taylor, and i think he could coach aswell. Boruc should be offered a coaching role for sure, if not we need to keep hom as emergency back-up. To only have a 22 and 19 year old as your 2 goalkeepers is really risky. Ibe has not done anything worthy of a contract extension. I always felt he tried his hardest on the pitch but he is a liability off it. As for Fraser, well, he can fuckoff. It makes me laugh when pundits and fans of other teams go on and on about wilson, i think he is not a premier league player and will only ever amount to a mid table winger. He is too light on the ball. A mate of mine, liverpool fan (of course), asked me how he was, expecting me to say he was the second coming of christ (since he just scored twice against spurs) and i told him that he was useless. Yes he has scored 7 league goals, but he only scores when it never matters, if you take all of his goals away, we only lose 1 point. Not fit to lace Brooks' boots.

Definitely not for me, a good left foot but offers little else and gets knocked off the ball way to easily, he's one of a number of reasons we find ourselves in the bottom three imo, let Leeds have him.
And he was always playing for himself and Liverpool, never for Bournemouth.

Regardless of which league we are in whenever can we continue to be the Dean Court rest home for nice guys to have around. The off field empire continues to grow season by season. In immediate next few weeks we need bodies because of so many games in a short period. Hopefully we will not be held to ransom for another year by any of the old guard but no doubt their agents will hold the pistol to our head. Wilson is for Liverpool to decide no doubt but I tend to agree with n9Cherry we are where we are because of a collective whatever in the past combined with injuries to younger players .

Well I'm hoping all bar Fraser and Ibe get contracts - they all have great personalitlies and certainly have the potential to be very good coaches, especially Boruc and Surman.

I must say it is quite concerning that there is no news of any contract extensions; seems to be happening to every club except us

Surman for definite....and H.Wilson....I reckon If Harry came to us permanently he would be one the best things ever to happen to the club...brilliant movement and can score out of nothing....can't see why fans are not convinced..I really can't!
I think Brooks is slightly better... and having both fit would be a luxury.
Daniels and Francis deserve another year also.

If we get relegated then I'd keep of few of these for another season including Artur. We'd lose a lot of our stars like Ake and Rambo. King's going to go anyway.

If we stay up and not lose anybody we want to keep then I think it's time to say cheerio to some of the old guard and blood the youngsters.

;