Who Does Eddie Pick On Sunday?

Gosling and Surridge have to figure for at least 45 minutes I'd say....for any urgency to be spotted!

Stacey and Kelly deserve a start.
Christ knows about the others.
Worth pointing out that its unlikely that any goal threat would come from either Lerma or Lewis Cook....but free kicks given away by Lerma could seal our fate.
Surman in for the class pass!
Billing and Solanke ...Enigma and Stigma.
Solanke CAN do it...as we saw v Leicester.
Brooks essentially in the Middle of the pitch hassling the defenders - not pussying around along on the touchlines swapping chewing gum with the linesmen!
Stanislas to boss the creations?
Eddie having picked the starters just has to see and read what emerges from then on and then either he gets it right or wrong with sub's!

Last edited:
4-2-3-1 Ramsdale, Stacey, Cook, Kelly, Rico, Lerma, Cook, King, Brooks, Stanislas and Wilson.

Adam Smith/Harry Wilson
Harry Wilson Brooks Danjuma Gosling
Callum Wilson King Simpson
Lewis Cook Lerma Simpson

Hopefully, it won't be quite that random....

Rambo
Stacey Cook Ake/Kelly/Rico
Lerma Billing
Brooks
Stan King
Solanke

Surridge upfront with King and Callum phuck it. And if Ake is fit play him he's the type who could keep us up from a set piece, a true legend.
As long as that useless tit Harry Wilson doesn't come on he's cost us dearly with 2 meek 1 on 1's against Spurs and Saints.

Never thought I would be saying this but Surridge and Solanke look far more likely, to provide us goals.

Stanislas has been a diamond

H Wilson useless tit, made me laugh and is also bang on, keep him far, far away

Brooks, love him, but been crap since we came back, only option is as a ten, which I would like to see

Callum, so disappointing

Kingy, good effort, but still such poor decision making

One last chance to highlight Fraser is a ************************

Lerma, Billing, Cook a max of 2.

Not a big fan of Gosling, but I would rather see his commitment and energy, than the lethargy from others at times.

Assuming back 5 inc Rambo picks itself, then 6 from that lot in a formation that gives us a Man City performace, coupled with 3 points.

Ideally Stacey as a w/b, with Stan on other side, giving us 5 in m/f and a ten and nine

Probably all irrelevant because we will have 2 penalties against us for hand ball, one of which was in the Everton half, and 3 goals ruled out for offside, two of which were in our own half

Not 4-4-2 for the love of god. Start with a middle 3 and 1 up top, get ourselves going in the game, and we can bring on more attackers later if needs be. 1-0 is good enough in our game. Not that I expect other results to go our way, but we to need to give ourselves a chance by playing to what strengths we have.

Last edited:
Eddie will be picking Cherries in Strawberry Fields...right place. ..adjust the lyrics a tiny bit....or not. Real or ..not really. Nothing to get hung about ..or something to get hung about.....depending how serious you see it!

I'd have thought you'd all learned by now.

Eddie will pick a conservative formation and play ineffective and disinterested Callum Wilson up top, generally useless liability Harry Wilson on his wrong side wing and after the fans calling for years to have someone with David Brook's talent in a number 10 role, he'll start at left back.

Not forgetting that to change the game, Diego Rico will be brought on like for like for Brooks in the 89th minute as our onky used sub as we're chasing the game to really change the dynamic.

Not 4-4-2 for the love of god. Start with a middle 3 and 1 up top, get ourselves going in the game, and we can bring on more attackers later if needs be. 1-0 is good enough in our game. Not that I expect other results to go our way, but we to need to give ourselves a chance by playing to what strengths we have.

would set up like Man City away, with Dom up top, keep it tight to startwith and counter attack. Go full throttle later on second half. Keep Callum and brooks on bench.

I reckon Surridge should start,boy seems very keen to impress and will run his socks off then,and will give us that physical presence up front that we don't have

I'll go against the grain and say Surridge should be nowhere near the starting 11. I don't see what anyone sees in his performances to warrant it, only negatives in others.
I'll say one thing for him - He puts himself about and goes for everything. Which in a side full of players eyeing up their next move, going into most challenges half-heartedly, it suddenly makes a difference having someone at the sharp end of the pitch prepared to put his skin on the line.

Last edited:
If by some miracle things work out for us, we'll be known as the jammy dodgers from here on. Alas, I think we'll go down and I'm totally at peace with that given it's what we fully deserve although of course I'll feel sad for a while. I hope Villa stay up over Watford after how they've treated their managers, especially Pearson and Garcia. Appalling... Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face. Can we have Pearson if Eddie decides he needs a break?

;