Who is Max Demin?

Thanks for the responses above, especially the more detailed ones. As a fan one wants to be optimistic about this and I feel that the context above makes sense. If Max D is a long term investor and Peak6 a short term one their aims will not be identical. This may explain this summer's annoucement to prioritize players over facilities - and maybe internal tensions following it.

For Peak 6 profit will be all and maintaining the flow of Premiership TV money is the only game in town for that. In that sense it doesn't really matter what the stadium looks like as modern TV money means it's just a back drop to the all-important televised games. Why spend more on little more than a TV "set"?

But if Max is a long term investor, with a decade long horizon or more, it's different. Then a new stadium embellishes the brand and sends an ambitious message to the manager, the players, other teams and the fans, forming part of a plan that sees the Cherries becoming a top ten global football brand. Included in that would be an iconic manager in EH - joining the ranks of the greats who made British football teams international names in their image.

It's good business too. Peak 6 have made the quick turn they probably always wanted. Max D now owns all of an asset that could be phenomenally valuable ten years down the road. It's a dream now - but if it turns out to be true, we're the luckiest fans in the Premiership.

My new motto is - "in Max we trust, because we must." Can we have our new stadium now?

Eddie’s comments in the Echo.

BOSS Eddie Howe described as “very good news” Maxim Demin regaining full ownership of Cherries.

The Russian businessman’s company, AFCB Enterprises Limited, now owns 100 per cent of the club once again after re-acquiring Chicago-based Peak6 Investments' 25 per cent stake.

Peak6, founded by Matt Hulsizer, had become a minority shareholder of the Dorset outfit in 2015 when the group purchased a quarter of Demin's shares.

Asked what Demin once again becoming the full owner meant for him as a manager, Howe replied: “I think for me it just means the communication lines become slightly different.

“When you are talking transfers and everything which has happened during this January, to just have one point of reference for contact is helpful.

“The club has been run superbly well for a long period of time. Max has been a massive part of that.

“What he’s done for the football club has been incredible, so to have him back as sole owner, in my book, is very good news.”

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...-of-time-max-has-been-a-massive-part-of-that/

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses above, especially the more detailed ones. As a fan one wants to be optimistic about this and I feel that the context above makes sense. If Max D is a long term investor and Peak6 a short term one their aims will not be identical. This may explain this summer's annoucement to prioritize players over facilities - and maybe internal tensions following it.

For Peak 6 profit will be all and maintaining the flow of Premiership TV money is the only game in town for that. In that sense it doesn't really matter what the stadium looks like as modern TV money means it's just a back drop to the all-important televised games. Why spend more on little more than a TV "set"?

But if Max is a long term investor, with a decade long horizon or more, it's different. Then a new stadium embellishes the brand and sends an ambitious message to the manager, the players, other teams and the fans, forming part of a plan that sees the Cherries becoming a top ten global football brand. Included in that would be an iconic manager in EH - joining the ranks of the greats who made British football teams international names in their image.

It's good business too. Peak 6 have made the quick turn they probably always wanted. Max D now owns all of an asset that could be phenomenally valuable ten years down the road. It's a dream now - but if it turns out to be true, we're the luckiest fans in the Premiership.

My new motto is - "in Max we trust, because we must." Can we have our new stadium now?

Or 'Take us to the Max.'

I recall that, where would we be now if those shysters had taken control. I can't remember the name of the poster but someone who used to come on here was almost begging us to get on board with them and how it would lead to the promised land.

Mitchell was right

In March 2011, it was announced that Convers Sports Initiatives (CSI) had acquired Executive Sport Ltd (ESL), the parent company of the popular 'Leaders in Football' conference.[49]

In June 2011, Antonov's CSI purchased Football League Championship team Portsmouth after months of negotiations with the club.[3][50] Antonov revealed he made a plan for a new stadium at Portsmouth in the near future, once the club needs improvement on football.[51] He resigned as chairman on 29 November after the club's parent company Convers Sports Initiatives entered administration,[52] Soon after he resigned for the club, leaving the club without an owner, the club would go to administration after being issued with a winding up petition by HMRC for over £1.6 million in unpaid taxes, which was heard on 20 February.[53] resulting automatic 10-point deduction.[54] During the same month as Portsmouth went to administration, The Football League spoken out about Antonov, accusing him of misleading the Football League authorities[55] In response, Antonov defended his time at Portsmouth, claiming the Lithuanian government were responsible for his trouble.[56] At the end of the season, Portsmouth were relegated to League One (third tier) – the first time in 30 years that the club has played at that level.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Aleksandrovich_Antonov#Football

;