Who will EH start vs the hammers???

You're right - I looked it up. The Arsenal performance is probably best forgotten but played well enough v City...

Seems to me that 3 at the back prob means Mings in but then also Surman as captain

Mings went off at the Emirates never to be seen again...well until may.

2nd round of the Carabao Cup if 27th Aug. That will be about 3 weeks from when Lerma signed. Given his lack of pre-season compared to the rest of the squad, I'm surprised anyone thinks he'll be seen before then.

i think we should take off king for cook and play a 4-1-4-1 with surman as the holding midfielder and gosling and lewis cook as the two creative central midfielders, also i would start ibe for brooks and francis for smith
....................................................begovic................................................................francis.................cook........................ake.....................daniels.............................................................surman.........................................................................................gosling............................cook..................................................ibe................................................................................fraser..................................................................wilson...............................................................boruc,smith,mings,lerma,brooks,pugh,king.............UTC!!!!!!!!!!

The forum layout makes your formation hard to read Carl but King is our best attacker. We cannot leave him out. If West Ham insist on a high D-Line, King is first name on the team sheet.

Whether it’s King and Wilson as a front 2, or maybe King and Fraser on the flanks, it’s pace, pace and pace we need to beat the Hammers

For me, the best stuff played so far has been when King and Fraser have been able to combine. Also mindful that EH will play one of Franno or Surman as captain. Plus musings on back 3 I end up with:

Begovic
Cook Ake Mings
Fraser Surman cook gosling daniels
King Wilson

Boruc smith Francis lerma Ibe Defoe brooks

To be honest I think this is probably the way we'd will set up with Lerma in for Gosling eventually ( and Rico for Daniels?) but not sure he's ready yet

From Twitter:

Eddie Howe meets the media today ahead of their game with West Ham this weekend.

Question: Will record signing Jefferson Lerma be involved in the squad?

“We’ll see...”

...my choice would be 3-5-2

Begovic

Cook/Ake/Daniels

Smith/Gosling/Cook/Surman/Fraser

Wilson/Defoe

Benchers: Boruc/Mings/Francis/Brooks/King/Mousset & Ibe

..reckon King should be rested and Defoe should be given a run out?

Don't think it is worth risking Lerma until he is fully ready to go straight into the first XI..

From Twitter:

Eddie Howe meets the media today ahead of their game with West Ham this weekend.

Question: Will record signing Jefferson Lerma be involved in the squad?

“We’ll see...”
Come on, you know anything Eddie says to the press about players being available is rubbish. 2pm and all will be revealed.

;