Why not JW?

dj_silver

Fans' Favourite
With all this due diligence going on and searching all corners of the globe it got me thinking. What is it about JW they do not fancy, why not him? Didn't do a bad job, got us in the play offs. Not for a second saying he IS the one but why didn't they appoint him straight away?

Dressing room problems, tactics, attracting new players?

Wonder why not or are they just pretending and the decision was made two weeks ago. :cool:

With all this due diligence going on and searching all corners of the globe it got me thinking. What is it about JW they do not fancy, why not him? Didn't do a bad job, got us in the play offs. Not for a second saying he IS the one but why didn't they appoint him straight away?

Dressing room problems, tactics, attracting new players?

Wonder why not or are they just pretending and the decision was made two weeks ago. :cool:
He did an average job nothing more......any half competent manager would have finished in the play off places with that squad.....next season will be more of a challenge for our manager.....we need to get it right.

Many reasons:
-there are more experienced candidates out there who actually have a history of being successful at this level in the past. It is likely that the new coach will have to oversee a rebuild of some sort, to entrust this process to JW is incredibly risky. If we are to entrust this process to somebody with very little experience and little to no track record then the chances of us slipping into league one increase significantly imo.
-I would say that he did an ‘okay’ job, nothing more and nothing less. He had a ridiculous amount of talent at his disposal and just managed to scrape into the play offs. He was an improvement on JT but only marginally.
-it feels very much like the club could do with a lift right now, a change of direction and a reason to feel optimistic again. Simply going for the cheap and easy option yet again would be very damaging in terms of morale around the club. And what impression does it create for potential new recruits?
-it is about time we started acting like a proper football club. Instead of taking the perceived safe and easy option we need to show a bit of ambition, aspire to be something better.

Many reasons:
-there are more experienced candidates out there who actually have a history of being successful at this level in the past. It is likely that the new coach will have to oversee a rebuild of some sort, to entrust this process to JW is incredibly risky. If we are to entrust this process to somebody with very little experience and little to no track record then the chances of us slipping into league one increase significantly imo.
-I would say that he did an ‘okay’ job, nothing more and nothing less. He had a ridiculous amount of talent at his disposal and just managed to scrape into the play offs. He was an improvement on JT but only marginally.
-it feels very much like the club could do with a lift right now, a change of direction and a reason to feel optimistic again. Simply going for the cheap and easy option yet again would be very damaging in terms of morale around the club. And what impression does it create for potential new recruits?
-it is about time we started acting like a proper football club. Instead of taking the perceived safe and easy option we need to show a bit of ambition, aspire to be something better.
Bloody hell.........better have a lie down........I totally agree with that...:grinning:

My feeling is that the team we had was definitely good enough to finish in the top two or 3 places but we saw time and again lacklustre performances from various players
What was going on behind the scenes as teams we were capable of beating were beating us
I think we need a Manager who can motivate and let the players know what is expected when they put the AFCB shirt on

UTCIAD

Maybe their original choice for the job wasn’t available at the time of JT’s sacking and they could be now.

My feeling is that the team we had was definitely good enough to finish in the top two or 3 places but we saw time and again lacklustre performances from various players
What was going on behind the scenes as teams we were capable of beating were beating us
I think we need a Manager who can motivate and let the players know what is expected when they put the AFCB shirt on

UTCIAD
I got the feeling that JW is actually a good motivator and man manager but falls down tactically. If we do get someone else in, I wonder if he'd want to stay on as a #2 to continue to learn and develop. I think there's a good manager there, but not quite yet.

JW mediocre IMO. Lost his chance during the last three league games ... not just that we lost but that we looked lost, with negative walking football and lateral play. An improvement on JT but only just.

Like the idea of Scott Parker - a creative midfielder who wants to play on the front foot. Fulham played positively (mostly) even when in trouble. Calm, good with media. Yes please.

maybe just maybe the bournemouth job isn't as a attractive job as some on here would believe, basically a manager would come here probably with on the agreement that he has to keep the backroom staff to work with as we might not be able to afford to pay them off and with the playing staff minus who we sell, oh and add to that we want promotion or it's a failure.
that probably wouldn't appeal to many good established managers so leaves us with either those who have not set tye world alight or untested.
this is just my opinion on it with the finances the way they are

JW much like JT before him, feels like a holding pattern from the club, rather than a strategic decision.

JW did the simple things well. Picked the right formation for the players we had, round pegs in round holes. However those last 3 games of the regular season left a bitter taste in my mouth. Why all the changes? Killed our momentum.

Then when we were up against it in the second leg, the best test of JW's managerial credentials we saw, he came up short. Odd substitutions and positional decisions for me.

If JW is appointmented I won't be surprised or gutted. He'd do ok. It would signal the club just want to plod along and consolidate. Which I think JW would do fine tbf.

If the club wants to push back on and challenge again, they need to set out a direction, a set of decisions and funding to match that will point the club on for the coming couple of years. For me that includes an actual managerial appointment with some track record.

If they just want to consolidate and reign everything in, then it's JW with limited funds and some ship steadying, he'd do a job.

I got the feeling that JW is actually a good motivator and man manager but falls down tactically. If we do get someone else in, I wonder if he'd want to stay on as a #2 to continue to learn and develop. I think there's a good manager there, but not quite yet.

I didn't mind the bloke until the 2nd leg against Brentford.

Once Mepham got sent off, I'm not really sure the tactic of hoof the ball long for Danjuma to chase on the very few occasions we did get hold of the ball, was the best route to go down.

It's a no from me.

I think I agree with this. Seems like a good bloke and he certainly did ok for us and was passionate about the club.

I think I agree with this. Seems like a good bloke and he certainly did ok for us and was passionate about the club.
Is he a good bloke ? I guess it depends what sort of image you want from your club. I’d rather somebody like Eddie to be a role model for my grandchildren and the public face of Boscombe.

Is he a good bloke ? I guess it depends what sort of image you want from your club. I’d rather somebody like Eddie to be a role model for my grandchildren and the public face of Boscombe.

Sorry, not sure what he has done to warrant that question.

;