Wilson and King

if jk’s words have been twisted so badly you’d expect jk himself to come out and publicly deny he meant those things and that his words have been misinterpreted

if he doesn’t then we can draw our own conclusions

But isn’t there also the theory of not digging a deeper hole for himself? There is nothing particularly wrong or disrespectful in what he says. Just like there was nothing disrespectful about Fraser’s interview.

Even if he did publicly deny it then people will just say the club put him up to it. Kinda like Mousset’s public “clarification” 18 months ago. This is no big news and only repeating what most of this forum have said all season.

It’s clear that he sees himself as a striker and not a no:10 so if another club offers him that role, he will take it.

Problem is the squad size is limited. Wilson can only play in one position - King is more versatile - this is why Eddie has tried to organise the team in the way he has. King is right that he is probably best playing up front.

Eddie likes to stick with certain players, in this instance, in the hope that they will play themselves into goal-scoring form or continue to put in a work-rate that still justifies their inclusion...

However, I think Eddie gave Wilson too much respect and time to get going last season... Wilson has put in good shifts, work-rate wise, but that won't keep us up next year... You need to score...

King was been bang-average last season, but in fairness to him, I cant think of many, if any, times he was up top, leading the line.

If this is all true, and not just some bulls*t paper talk, then Eddie will know he's got a problem to solve. Neither Wilson, King or Defoe set the World alight last season, and we can't afford to bring in new players to bang in 15 goals... We need to bring out the best in what we have. Wouldn't surprise me to see Defoe go this summer, leaving us with just these 2, and in the past 18 months, our best spells have been with King up top, on his own...

King, supported by Ibe and Stanislas would be my favoured top 3

Of course we can afford to bring in a 15 goal a season striker or two.

We just need to get shot of the grossly underperforming triumvirate of King, Defoe and Wilson.

We play best as 4-5-1 or 3-5-1-1 so only need one pure front man, get 40 mil for Wilson and King, bring someone in, with Mousset and Afobe in the wings (not on the wing).

I think Josh has a fair point if he said it. It’s only what a lot of us were saying.

Last years perfomances dipped because the two outstanding players of the previous two seasons were either out of position or dropped. We don’t have many twenty goal strikers or midfielders that can run the game against the very best. We managed though to switch off King and Arter...I know some people blame them entirely but if you ask me Eddie has to have a look at this. We haven’t anyone other than Ake in the squad that has reached their potential. We still have both players and should be frantically working out how to maximise their potential.

King does more than terrorise defenders and score. He drags the whole team up the pitch as people have to stay deep to counter his pace. We missed this so badly last year and it’s frustrating Eddie hasn’t dealt with something so obvious. If we lose him over this it will be very frustrating.

If he’s unhappy then cash in now. Didn't appear to be that fit for a lot of the season. Fraser didn’t like playing right back but you couldn’t tell on the pitch whereas it looked that josh wasnt that fussed at times. Decent run-in though. Must be frustrating for a manager trying to build a team ethos trying to keep a squad happy.

Didn’t King score most of his goals last season from February-ish onwards, playing as a No10 behind Afobe? And didn’t he score about 3 goals before he started to play a bit deeper? The only difference this season is he’s playing with Wilson (which doesn’t work at all), and he’s being marked much more closely because he’s now a recognised threat. He still almost reached double figures, it’s not like he’s had a terrible season.

Josh King is one of our most important assets and if the Magpies come after him it will be a huge loss. EH must try and keep him at all costs even if it means playing him in the number 9 role where he is at his best.

Josh King is one of our most important assets and if the Magpies come after him it will be a huge loss. EH must try and keep him at all costs even if it means playing him in the number 9 role where he is at his best.

Couldn't disagree more to be honest. No player should get to dictate where they play. It would be at the detriment to the rest of the squad.

Ryan Fraser is best as an attacking winger, he's even played as a forward for Scotland.

But with Adam Smith injured and Simon Francis struggling, Fraser was our best option due to his versatility.

Where would we be if he had demanded he played in his favoured position?

It's a team game and King offers options out wide and deeper which is why he's not always utilised as a number 9.

King is entitled to his opinions and if he doesn't like where he is being asked to play, then fair play to him for pulling Eddie to one side and having a discussion with him about it...

I think King is one of those players that can absolutely change a game, and in-form, he is dangerous and 'will' score goals... I'd hate to see him got to a rival team (league position wise) where we'll undoubtedly see him flourish in his favoured role...

I 100% agree that Eddie needs to be in control, however, I also think that Eddie can sometimes be too stubborn for his own good... playing out of form players for too long and playing several players out of position when they clearly don't work...

Both Afobe and King are No.9s yet Eddie has constantly persisted in playing them both deeper to 'accommodate' someone else, namely Wilson...

Should this article been allowed to reach the media?

As King said what is said between me and Eddie Howe is where it remains.

Should this article been allowed to reach the media?

As King said what is said between me and Eddie Howe is where it remains.

I think King was referring to what was actually said when they discussed it... Not the fact he is unhappy... But I very much doubt Eddie's particular pleased this is in the media at all.

;