Wilson and King

He scored more up front for us in a season than anyone else has by some distance. He's matched Callum this year playing a deeper role. Honestly, Callum couldn't hit a barn door towards the end (I know he scored at Burnley) so I can see why Josh would be annoyed. I would be too if I felt I was better than my counterpart and he has to, the stats prove it and a footballer without that sort of mind set wouldn't be as good.

I remember Walcott holding out for a new contract saying he wouldn’t sign unless he played as a forward. He signed a contract continued to play wide and nothing more was said. I imagine his happiness was more aligned with his position in the wage structure than the formation.

In Kings case it’s probably much ado about nothing and google translate

No need, I wasn't arguing with you - was just curious as I don't speak Norwegian.

I wasn't treferring to anyone at all when I posted that but it was a general reference to reacting too quickly, especially where the source is not known to be reliable and the inexactitudes of google translate are slapped on top.

Just to let you know the VG newspaper is a Norwegian Sun.
Also Eddie said he would sit down with every player after the Burnley game and discuss their season. I told Eddie this, I told Eddie that is bullshite. It was their post season chat. Move on.

Josh has posted on his Instagram that the Norweigan media twisted his words and that he "NEVER said he was unhappy at AFC Bournemouth".

Interesting but good to hear nonetheless.

Personally, I’ve always liked this partnership but it’s had its critics.

Last night, a previous captain of a champions side and an England World Cup star were having nightmares about them (and Fraser).

Yesterday they showed why Howe wants to primarily stick with two up top.

Last edited:
Have always felt that this partnership hasn't worked in the past but Eddie is showing that perseverance does pay off. They are starting to look quite a formidable partnership and liking up a lot more effectively than they have done in the past.

The partnership has changed, in my opinion, as we do seem to be playing '2 up front' now. In previous season's King has always sat in the hole, behind Wilson...

Anyone recall King's 'exaggerated' comments in the Norwegian press? Maybe Eddie sat up and took note...

The problems teams have with a genuine front 2 is that if you have no one “in the hole” the 2 strikers are cut adrift from the rest of the team and become isolated.

Some of our worse performances have come playing with 2 strikers. As they are too far ahead of the midfield, the only option is a sideways pass.

This year our set up is a bit different. We are a lot more compact and the gap the defence and front line is shorter. I think on a whole we are sitting a little deeper, but with 2 fast strikers and of course Fraser, we are devastating on the counter

Thought King, Wilson and Fraser were all awesome yesterday.

King was not going to be bullied by either CB and Wilson’s link up play was superb.

Fraser is on fire as well at the moment.

A bit better game management last 10 minutes is a lesson to be learnt.

;