Wilson and King

DJ

@CallumWilson
WHAT A DAY! Over the moon with the 3 goals ?????? Always harder going down to 10, but the lads played amazing today ??????

https://mobile.twitter.com/callumwilson/status/931954680632107008

Fantastic hat-trick he looked so clinical today. Really excited for the Wilson and King partnership to develop.

I am absolutely over the moon for Wilson... and for us because we've got an outstanding player fit and firing again. I can't think of a more pleasing performance.

His 3rd was brilliant. Great work by King around 1/2 way, good 1-2 then held it up well by the line waiting and watching Callum get into position to receive. Massive assist by King, great partnership

Fantastic.
Not sure I, or anyone else on here, actually expected him to come back this strong after the second knee injury.
Wow.

canadiancherry - 18/11/2017 19:33

Fantastic.
Not sure I, or anyone else on here, actually expected him to come back this strong after the second knee injury.
Wow.

Agree,it just goes to show,he came back too early last time.

He was absolutely clinical today.

Came back early or..... as Eddie said, sometimes having two same strength knees is better than having one strong synthetic one and one slightly flawed human one as there is an imbalance when running.

Neil Dawson - 18/11/2017 23:04

Came back early or..... as Eddie said, sometimes having two same strength knees is better than having one strong synthetic one and one slightly flawed human one as there is an imbalance when running.

Well whatever it is,long may it continue,it's like having a new signing out there,nothing better than prime Callum Wilson in his pomp !

Came back too early - said it himself when I interviewed him last week in the international break...

https://soundcloud.com/tomlatcheminterviews/callum-wilson-on-talksport-extra-time

Also thinks he can get on the plane to Russia.

..the guy fully deserves some better fortunes let’s hope he stays fit for the rest of the season....in which case he will be in Russia in the summer!

Callum Wilson 10-1 to make the England world cup squad according to sky bet. Amazingly they are offering the same odds on a certain Andy Carroll who has thus far managed the sum total of 0 goals in 8 appearances for the Hammers this season.

Hey everyone, one of Al's threads got me thinking..who has the higher potential- Wilson or King?

I know it's early to have this conversation with Wilson just coming back but assuming he regains his level before having the injuries, then who do you think will end up the better striker and why?

From the admittedly little I've seen of Wilson due to his injuries, I'd give him the slight edge. King is faster and arguably trickier 1 on 1 with a defender but I think Wilson has better positioning, decision making and slightly better finishing.

Thoughts?

I think King. Just feel he's got that extra bit of flair that a top club would be looking for.

In terms of being a natural scorer, perhaps Wilson has the edge, but King has got that explosive burst and general all round game which can trouble the very best defenders in the division.

I think Wilson is the better, but that is probably because King doesn't seem to have hit last seasons heights yet.

Yea I can certainly see both sides of the argument. One things for sure though- that is one lethal strike partnership if they continue to click. infact, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better duo that isn't at a big club already in all of Europe.

AFCB+TFC - 21/11/2017 17:19

Yea I can certainly see both sides of the argument. One things for sure though- that is one lethal strike partnership if they continue to click. infact, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better duo that isn't at a big club already in all of Europe.

They look like they could form a good partnership, like Phil Boyer and Ted MacDougall did back in the 1970's, though in a lower league.

https://gameofthepeople.com/2014/12/02/great-partnerships-macdougall-and-boyer-brothers-in-boots/

Certainly impressed by King's footwork in the Huddersfield penalty area and the pass to Wilson for his third goal, I think he took out about four players. They are both so strong I hope it becomes a lethal partnership.

Wilson has the higher potential. Joshua King realised his potential last season, Wilson is yet to do it in the Premier League.

Physically Wilson is stronger, King might have the quicker acceleration but pace wise they are probably similar.

In finishing, Wilson was always much more clinical than King.

;