Wilson Contract Extension

He was very up and down last season, falling behind Josh King's level IMHO.
I hope he can settle down and rediscover a consistent touch.
He's presumably one of the club's highest earners again with this, and as such would be expected to start regularly.

Implies EH isn't going to make anyone else first choice up top, hopefully with a good pre season he will be firing from the off, we also need to make the chances for him too.

It was strange after his superb performance at Chelsea he seemed to lose if for a few months. He seemed to develop a habit of dribbling the ball out for throws in! Amazing what a goal drought does to a strikers confidence. Hopefully this contract and goal at Burnley will give him the confidence to start next season strongly

Great player for Boscombe. He always seems to play with a smile on his face ..but now maybe needs to get a bit angrier to make himself a fearsome 15 goal plus asset! Let's hope he stays fit!

Pleased for both the club and Callum. He has been through a lot and this season will have the benefit of pre season training. Even when the goals eluded him he still worked extremely hard for the team.

I think it's excellent news. Had a rough patch last season but is definitely PL quality so I hope he can turn it in consistently next season.

I can see Mousset going out on loan for the year so he can get a solid 30+ starts under his belt in the Championship which would leave Defoe, King and Wilson battling out for the striker places with Brooks perhaps offering a different tactical set-up option.

At times his inclusion seemed to hinder King's game last season but a full preseason working together could make all the difference.

...Wilson,King,Defoe and Ibe will probably be our goal threat next season...I do hope that Lys can push for a start too, I reckon he should be used by us rather than loaned out..

all this said...I do wonder if Eddie thinks that someone will come in for Wilson and that he could now cash in better?

Great news for us and Cal. I know contracts dont mean as much as they used to but the fact Cal is happy to commit to us for another 4 years is extremely positive and suggests he is very settled at the club.

I think Callum has got an awful lot to prove that he can still do it at this level! He's a nice bloke though and I really hope he proves me wrong.

More than happy with this, still believe that he's gonna be a star. Didn't really get a preseason last year, started Prem career very very brightly, admittedly was inconsistent end of last season, on fire, then anonymous. The contract adds value and if it all goes wrong you know Championship sides will crawl through glass to sign him, if we can get 6 for Grabbs, even if he doesn;t perform we'll at least double that if we ever want to get rid, hoiping we don't

And this ladies and gents shows exactly why the people that run our finances should just eff off.

The contract adds value and if it all goes wrong you know Championship sides will crawl through glass to sign him, if we can get 6 for Grabbs, even if he doesn;t perform we'll at least double that if we ever want to get rid, hoiping we don't

Great point about the sell-on potential should it not work out. I've seen more than one Championship fan wistfully mention Wilson as a potential signing in an 'if only but no chance' manner this summer.

Why is that then Al?

I presume it's Eddie who advises whether these players are worth a new deal or not?

I don't think Wilson has proved himself since those cruciate injuries.
Am I wrong in that assumption?
If so I am sorry....but the facts are out there.

Same company paying 80K a week to Defoe until he is nearly 39.

Sad ain't I Rob!

I don't think Wilson has proved himself since those cruciate injuries.
Am I wrong in that assumption?
If so I am sorry....but the facts are out there.

Same company paying 80K a week to Defoe until he is nearly 39.

Sad ain't I Rob!
Very sad Al. You haven't actually 'proved' anything except your continued lack of knowledge about finances and running a football team.

Callum Wilson has still been an effective member of the team since those injuries. Defoe scored some point gaining goals too.

I'd guess the outlay on players is compensated by the £160m (or whatever) the club got for finishing as high as they did.

You're tilting at windmills!

;