Wilson in the England Squad.

Disgusted at some of the comments in the first half.
But he got his goal and all the pundits I read thought he played well.
Anyway the game is about passion, everyone has an opinion, I just don't like our supporters not getting behind him for his first cap for England.
Quotes like he dived and out of his depth are not called for.

Also for most players, that first England cap and game at Wembley remains an important milestone so I am sure Callum would have had nerves, plus playing in a new team with different style to Afcb so understandable if it took him time to settle especially as the flow of the the second half was hit by substitutions. Callum can be proud of his debut and, no doubt, will be aiming to improve with more games.

There was actually a couple of times that Rooney almost connected with some Wilson runs. Reminiscent of the kind of balls that Wilshere would make

That Guardian scan is quite possibly the most surreal thing I've ever seen connected to Bournemouth. It feels like some kind of fevered hallucination from an unrealised future.

Disgusted at some of the comments in the first half.
But he got his goal and all the pundits I read thought he played well.
Anyway the game is about passion, everyone has an opinion, I just don't like our supporters not getting behind him for his first cap for England.
Quotes like he dived and out of his depth are not called for.

Indeed, cannot see how anyone can claim he was out of his depth. He plays against a higher level of opposition every week in the Premier League.

The diving comment was also just plain ridiculous.

I didn't watch the game but went straight on Reddit this morning to see if he'd scored. Reading through these comments was both quite funny and sad.

I am so proud of the man. A weird sense of pride as I have nothing to do with it, but pride none the less. Go on Cal.

Incredibly proud of Callum.

Didn't think I'd see an AFCB player represent England in my lifetime.

Feel weirdly emotional about it... although I've felt weirdly emotional about all things AFCB for about a decade now!

We've never had it so good.

Agreed - I feel very similarly. Who'd have thought we would ever see a Bournemouth striker scoring for England at Wembley. It's completely insane and ridiculous, but you can hardly say that Callum doesn't deserve it. A great credit to the club and to the country!

So pleased for Callum!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it’s nerves, but he looks completely out of his depth

Up there with the 'not fit to wear the shirt' post from a few years back, this comment.

Not at any point did he look out of his depth. First England game, at Wembley, up front on his own, thought he did very well, especially as the game went on. That early miss could have totally knocked him but it didn't. He worked hard, made some great moves which weren't always seen and had four chances at goal. Ironically, scored probably the hardest of them all! Held the ball well overall too.

In a very strange match, where we spent too much time passing the ball backwards and around the back four at times, no striker would have seen too much of the ball as a number nine.

Those Watford fans do my head in! I support all England players, no matter what club they play for. I'd have supported a call up for Will Hughes by now for example. Yet some of them going out of their way to take a pop at Callum on social media last night....very sad individuals.

One thing I notice about the England squad....they do seem to all genuinely get on and support each other. Lots of big smiles from other players when Callum scored, Rooney first on the scene to congratulate him as well.
Also spotted Rashford give him a massive grin and hug as he replaced him....and then went on to post a tweet bigging Callum up after the game.
Good to see.

Having just read the comments on here about Callum's performance, it just shows how little most posters on here know about football.

Most of you are just negative moaners.

People just gave an honest opinion.
1st half he struggled a bit. FACT!
2nd half he was excellent. FACT!

Who said he was out of his depth?
He'll be Plan B on Sunday with that showing.

People just gave an honest opinion.
1st half he struggled a bit. FACT!
2nd half he was excellent. FACT!

Who said he was out of his depth?
He'll be Plan B on Sunday with that showing.

Lol I said that.

Football is emotional sometimes, I wanted him to play really well and he wasn’t first half, so maybe I exaggerated a tad. I suppose that does indeed make me a **************** person. :cry:

Up there with the 'not fit to wear the shirt' post from a few years back, this comment.

Now, really. One hastily written, one line comment on his first half performance, that was OTT because of how nervous I was FOR HIM to make his England debut, versus THAT WHOLE thread? That hurts, man.

I always respect an apology, or even some humbleness on these boards, they are very rare beasts indeed. There are a lot of cocksure, well adjusted and seemingly very clever people on here ;)

;