Wilson in the England Squad.

Agree. I thought Sancho was a bloody nightmare for Callum to link up with in any way shape or form. So frustrating for a forward looking to run into space. When we were breaking forward and Sancho got the ball, after about three steps forward he would invariably stop dead, take on two or three opposition players, show some of his tricks and then pass the ball backwards or sideways. He never looked to play the quick ball forwards which somebody like Callum was positioning himself for. The guy took all the pace out of our counter attacks. He seemed more intent on showing what he could do than actually helping the team to win the game. He infuriated me every time he got the ball. Yes, you have skills, we get it, now look for an incisive pass you muppet ! Urgh !
Agree about Sancho.
So many times I was yelling at him to play the ball through for Callum, but he wanted to dance around the edge of the box trying to score himself. What the &****#? There's a reason teams have strikers, it's so you can pass to them!
Definitely talented, but hogged the ball too much, and held it way too long. Against harder opposition he could get really punished.

"Against harder opposition he could get really punished."

To be fair to Sancho, he is doing very well against Bundesliga teams every week, creating and scoring. Although i do agree last night, he could have released various team mates earlier.

Last edited:
This of course works both ways, with any 18, 19 20 year old player
with ability will be looking at AFCB players and seeing what can be achieved . Callum, Lewis, Nathan, Jefferson, the list goes on, we are a winning side and players to go with it.

Agree about Sancho.
So many times I was yelling at him to play the ball through for Callum, but he wanted to dance around the edge of the box trying to score himself. What the &****#? There's a reason teams have strikers, it's so you can pass to them!
Definitely talented, but hogged the ball too much, and held it way too long. Against harder opposition he could get really punished.
I'll cut him some slack because he was probably desperate to impress the boss, I get that. It's a tricky one for new players trying to break into the team. They don't know when, if ever, they'll get another opportunity to impress, so they are probably torn between showing everyone how good they are ( for their own benefit ) and doing the best thing for the team as a whole. Southgate will surely have a word with him. He killed the pace of a lot of our attacks with his faffing about and of course missed a fair few of Callums runs into space.

Funnily enough I saw a post match interview with Callum where he was directly asked what he thought about this "great new talent" Sancho. I think Callum had to bite his tongue somewhat and gave a very diplomatic response which just about fell short of damning with faint praise :p

Sancho has great potential. It will be interesting to see how he plays if he ever becomes a settled regular for the national side. I would imagine he will be a little less "Look at me !!!! Look what I can do !!!" then, but you never know.....cough....no, I won't say it, I promised myself !!!

Fans of the top six still don't want to be seen signing Bournemouth players.....i think we're ok for the time being tbh.
Think you might be right. But they can always put a spin on it, can't they ? Ake is then "the former Chelsea youngster" and Callum is the "promising England international". I doubt Bournemouth would get a mention if it ever came to pass, I agree :)

It's good to be a stealth team. So much sweeter when the press finally wake up and smell the reek of success!!

Very, very pleased for Callum as an individual and proud as a Cherries fan that one of our players scored on his England debut. But not to forget a Cherries player, in a Cherries kit, has indeed scored at the original Wembley not the present corporate rip off one. John Bailey in one of our really tip pot periods and a certain Howe E also played in that game.

He’s well on the radar at this point ..Just need AFCB to be strong when the bids come in ..he’s a very very valuable asset now and if we sell it must be for big money ...I mean REALLY big money .

;