Wilson signs extension

CherryBare

UTC Legend
BREAKING NEWS:

Callum Wilson has signed a new 4-year contract to remain at #afcb until 2020.

Interview on @SkySportsNewsHQ now !

Excellent news. He's the main man we have to keep at all costs.

(Might think about a £40m offer though). :grin:

We didn't want to lose him, that should send a message to West Ham or any other club who thought of coming sniffing.

billythekid - 1/7/2016 14:15

We didn't want to lose him, that should send a message to West Ham or any other club who thought of coming sniffing.

As soon as West Ham started their Balls at the end of the season, I imagine both players got offered new deals at that point - telling one was more than happy to accept and the other we have seen weekly transfer rumours about.

You never know what will happen of course but it was interesting that after the West Ham bid became known it was turned down and that was pretty much the end of speculation as far as Wilson was concerned. Compare that to Ritchie who was always surrounded by speculation and stories linking him with other clubs.

They say there's no smoke without fire. Especially if your agent is deliberately fanning the flames.

Best signing of the summer so far by a significant margin.

This time next summer we'll be rejecting £90 million bids from China for him. Possibly.

The news of the summer for me. We are selling experienced players, and bringing in "prospects". I worry...And now I worry for the replies.

Brilliant news. We can get by without Matt Ritchie but Callum Wilson would have been much harder to replace.

AlGard - 1/7/2016 17:43

The news of the summer for me. We are selling experienced players, and bringing in "prospects". I worry...And now I worry for the replies.

Callum Wilson was a prospect when we first signed him.

AlGard - 1/7/2016 17:43

I think our recruitment is far from done. If this was the final squad for the season I'd be pretty concerned as well but I think we'll see some big moves before things kick off.

;