Wilson to Chelsea

Kenya Cherrie

UTC Legend
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/callum-wilson-being-eyed-chelsea-13544456

Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson is understood to be a transfer target for Chelsea.

The Daily Mirror reports that Chelsea have increased the number of times the 26-year-old has been scouted.

Wilson is contracted to Bournemouth until the summer of 2022 after signing a new deal in July.

He has also been tipped for his first international call-up ahead of this month's games against the USA and Croatia.

England No 2 Steve Holland watched him at the Vitality Stadium during Bournemouth's 2-1 defeat by Manchester United, which Wilson scored in.

Fair play to Wilson, I doubted he'd get back to how good he was.

I couldn't blame him if he took it, would just hope it was Summer not Winter, and I'd want a ridiculous amount for him. Didn't they get 12M for Djilobodji?

This is the Daily Mirror, I would be very surprised if this amounts to anything at all apart from filling column inches in that newspaper.

Probably just a journo picking up on what Jason Cundy said on TS over the weekend. Said he’s the missing piece that would fit Sari’s system perfectly

They already have Giroud and Morata. And how can they have a missing piece if they're currently unbeaten? :grinning:

£50 million+ at the very least or you can f*** right off.

Morata hitting a bit of form recently – long may it continue :)

Would make sense from money point of view but not a footballing one. Playing every week, for one of the best managers in the country and sitting pretty (currently) just behind the top teams.

An England call-up will also prove to him Southgate is not only looking at players in the 'big' clubs and he can play for his country whilst at DC.

In which case the only thing AFCB can't and probably won't ever offer him will be Champions league football... But I would question if he'd get that opportunity at a big club even...

Wilson is sensible lad and I'm positive he would see the bigger picture...

Can't see it happening personally, they've already got 2 decent strikers, they need one for 80mil+ or not worth bothering.

If we sell Any of the best 3 or 4 players in January I hope we get relegated right back to Div 2 because it means that the rise up was one big Tease for the fans....with no aims of progressing any further!
I'm frigging sick to death with the tinpot thinking from fans and club.
The Stadium news was bad enough on its own.

Bill, please refer to my 'Happy as Larry' thread.

Enjoy the ride and stop stressing.

:utc:

If we sell Any of the best 3 or 4 players in January I hope we get relegated right back to Div 2 because it means that the rise up was one big Tease for the fans....with no aims of progressing any further!
I'm frigging sick to death with the tinpot thinking from fans and club.
The Stadium news was bad enough on its own.
So what do you think has actually changed since we got to the PL? The difference now is that the bigger clubs are no longer Preston or Charlton or Bristol City, they're Chelsea, Man. Utd, Liverpool etc.
Even players at those clubs get picked off by Real Madrid and Barcelona.

We still are not in a position to stop the financial attraction of a bigger club, the only ace we currently hold is Eddie. How can we stop the opportunity for players to play alongside the likes of Van Dijk, Hazard, Aubamayang?

I don't want any of big players to leave, but the reality is that they will. I don't begrudge them the opportunity to play at an even higher level.

So what do you think has actually changed since we got to the PL? The difference now is that the bigger clubs are no longer Preston or Charlton or Bristol City, they're Chelsea, Man. Utd, Liverpool etc.
Even players at those clubs get picked off by Real Madrid and Barcelona.

We still are not in a position to stop the financial attraction of a bigger club, the only ace we currently hold is Eddie. How can we stop the opportunity for players to play alongside the likes of Van Dijk, Hazard, Aubamayang?

I don't want any of big players to leave, but the reality is that they will. I don't begrudge them the opportunity to play at an even higher level.
FFS... I... WANT... US.... TO.... BE.... THE....' HIGHEST... LEVEL' !!!

;