Wilson to Chelsea

FFS... I... WANT... US.... TO.... BE.... THE....' HIGHEST... LEVEL' !!!
So do I, but right now we are not, and living in the real world means we WILL sell our better players to bigger clubs until such point as Eddie can pull rabbits of the hat quicker than we're selling them.
When that day arrives i probably will be in no fit condition to engage because, like you i suspect, I'll be celebrating a lot

Barcelona is ...a place on a map.....Manchester....a place on a map.....only the Industrial Revolution made Manchester a big city....time can change things..we don't have to believe that clubs like Bournemouth or Torquay or Felixstowe even( Europe's largest container port) can NEVER be like Barcelona in say the year 2035?
Get outside the Box!! Watch Salford City creep up alongside MU. one day?

We have some rather special players right now, Ake, the Cooks, Fraser, Brooks, Wilson. They will attract interest, and chances are at some point one of them might go, if the price is right for us and the deal is right for the player.

The trick is to use the money to go and find another David Brooks or Jeff Lerma next summer. And perhaps put some aside for the flippin training ground etc. The pitfall is doing a Southampton and selling 3 or 4 of your best players year after year and utterly losing the plot.

I don't see Chelsea wanting Wilson, as good as he is, is he a top 4 striker? So far in prem league we've been very lucky, only player to have left is Ritchie, and on hindsight that was a blessing in disguise.
The higher we finish, the more likely we are to get bids for players, look at Leicester!
That all said its all about recruitment, and with the likes of Ake, Lewis Cook, Brooks, Lerma all coming in and being first team regulars, the future looks rosy.
Whilst the news on the stadium is disappointing, imagine the melt down on here, if we hadnt signed any players in the summer

Barcelona is ...a place on a map.....

Barcelona is decidedly not just a place on a map Bill. The football club represented passive resistance and the aspirations of the Catalan people for decades under Franco's often brutal dictatorship. Their strap line ("mes que un club", "more than a club") actually means something, unlike ours.

Barcelona is decidedly not just a place on a map Bill. The football club represented passive resistance and the aspirations of the Catalan people for decades under Franco's often brutal dictatorship. Their strap line ("mes que un club", "more than a club") actually means something, unlike ours.
I

Agree. Barca is a great club ..I'm well read up on Spain history and im in total support of Catalans..they have a different work ethic to Spaniards! I was just trying to illustrate anything is possible for Afcb if we keep our good players.

It's not impossible, but I doubt Wilson's stock will go up much further while with us. Now would be ideal timing from an economical perspective, if he fancies the move.

If Afcb ever make it big ..a Euro Final maybe...or go the other way and end up playing Wimborne in a local final ..I will be in the unique position of..' I told you so'.

Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson is understood to be a transfer target for Chelsea.

The Daily Mirror reports that Chelsea have increased the number of times the 26-year-old has been scouted.

Wilson is contracted to Bournemouth until the summer of 2022 after signing a new deal in July.

He has also been tipped for his first international call-up ahead of this month's games against the USA and Croatia.

England No 2 Steve Holland watched him at the Vitality Stadium during Bournemouth's 2-1 defeat by Manchester United, which Wilson scored in.

This was likely to have come from TalkCrap when Cundy was saying Chelsea should look at him in January

Lazy Journo

Callum has nearly seen his career ended twice so wouldn’t begrudge him a big contract that increases his wages at a top club that raises his star profile and gives his family financial security for life. Done a great job for us and hope he stays for a season or two more but good luck to the guy if he leaves us.

In his interview about reaching 50 goals for the club, he did mention that he wants to try to reach 100 goals for the club. So obviously he is happy here and not thinking about moving any time soon. But of course if the price is right the club might encourage him to move on and then he just needs to negotiate the best deal for himself. My current take on the situation however is that Callum himself wants to stay and has no intention of leaving. I also think that he is not the type of player to be a regular starter for one of the big clubs ( good but not world class ). They have so many options and will always be likely to splurge a fortune on the next bright young thing every six months just to make the competition for places even harder. If he moves he will most likely be looking at a spot on their bench if he does really well. If he puts playing regularly over wages, a move to Chelsea would not be his best option.

On Saturday Callum will have the opportunity to ask Matt.. " ere Matty whats it like down there at a Bigga club? " Do you miss the crack at DC? "" A massive club has their eye on me" ...... "Bank Callum...Bank!"

If we sell Any of the best 3 or 4 players in January I hope we get relegated right back to Div 2 because it means that the rise up was one big Tease for the fans....with no aims of progressing any further!
I'm frigging sick to death with the tinpot thinking from fans and club.
The Stadium news was bad enough on its own.
What a(another) silly post. All clubs are selling clubs at some point. Eddies moved on players and usually strengthened. Leicester won the title but it didn't stop their players being poached.

Get a grip. Of course you hope we get relegated cos you'll be in your Cornish pub supporting United when they're on Sky TV!

I

Agree. Barca is a great club ..I'm well read up on Spain history and im in total support of Catalans..they have a different work ethic to Spaniards! I was just trying to illustrate anything is possible for Afcb if we keep our good players.
And in one sentence... ffs.

Sounds like cheap chatter BUT... if it happened, Callum could easily disappear into the Chelsea squad, then reappear on loan at one of our rivals. Don't like the sound of this.

What a(another) silly post. All clubs are selling clubs at some point. Eddies moved on players and usually strengthened. Leicester won the title but it didn't stop their players being poached.

Get a grip. Of course you hope we get relegated cos you'll be in your Cornish pub supporting United when they're on Sky TV!

Ok then I'll try to get this grip thing.. but Please don't associate me with United?

;