Wilson to Chelsea

If we sell Any of the best 3 or 4 players in January I hope we get relegated right back to Div 2 because it means that the rise up was one big Tease for the fans....with no aims of progressing any further!
I'm frigging sick to death with the tinpot thinking from fans and club.
The Stadium news was bad enough on its own.

Why in any means would you ever hope that. It's inevitable we will lose players to the big six if we keep going like we are. Also don't you think we've come a long way in 10 years? Pick any team from that season and tell me how they have progressed further than us...

Why in any means would you ever hope that. It's inevitable we will lose players to the big six if we keep going like we are. Also don't you think we've come a long way in 10 years? Pick any team from that season and tell me how they have progressed further than us...

I'm only trying to swing people away from Tinpot thinking. ...simple as that! If we can't have aspirations of doing what Leicester did what's the point of year in year out hovering around lower mid-table or down in the zone!
If we are ' going like we are' that is just the time to' Keep' the best players not bloody well sell them Ffs !

Last edited:
The 'Spreadsheet Jcl ' types love all this speculation. The game of football is just a business to them. Sell the best players...bugger up the continuity of progress. Obsession with Money in a League where we still haven't got the streetwise ability to trade in a state of full awareness. Sell Wilson in January for £45 mil.. Buy say, 3, £15 mil Liverpool ' squad players' who then have to 'settle in to our way. but were overrated and rejected long before Afcb got 'pulled in'.
Of course.. as usual I'm talking a ' load of uninformed bollix! Wait and see......
I think with the recent signing of Lerma and Brooks it appears that we ' got lucky ' for once. But that was ' Adding Value' to a cause!

If we go down Southampton route .... mixing it with accomplished bigboy marketeers, we go marching out with them!

Leicester Champions with Kante and Mahrez ; sold them and rejoined the strugglers!
Afcb...keep Wilson, Ake and Brookes...stay in the top 10 or better.

Do not do deals with richer clubs..they have a stronger position to deal from! (Don't sell stamps to stamp dealers...sell to collectors!!!!)

I don't buy this ' every club is a ' selling club' crap. Our situation doesn't suit that at this time!

Another Silly Post ? Oh why why why do I do it? You would think I'd learned to come into the 'Real World' by now!

Last edited:
This needs to be recognised..Southampton got damn close to becoming a ' big club' , got into Europe even then blew it with nonsensical directives from within. Like them or not, they should with that large port have a top club..and Pompey with that magnificent support could of achieved it too a couple of years back. Once again screwed by internal meddling and no direction!
Here We are ...OUR chance... But already halfway to missing out with No Stadium progress...but cutting it on the fields of play!
It's not too late is it..to veer away from a fading dream and get it out of the sheds and on the tracks? No one is discussing the Stadium any more .it's all about players!

Last edited:
We're getting to a position where the only players who will strengthen our squad are those who are either playing for or are targets for the top 6.

Unless we are actually competing to sign those players, it seems crazy to let the cream of our crop go. Unless a player is demanding to leave it's pretty much accepting that you have no ambition.

Yes there are riskier prospects who we can develop over time, as we have done well over the years, but these need time to bed in. In each case of a sale you have to ask yourself if the profit made outweighs the disruption to the squad and potential loss of income by dropping down the table etc.

Every player has his price but every sale comes at a cost.

;