Callum Wilson

Unfortunately due to the current injury impasse and the hitherto forthcoming inevitable reversal at Goodison Park, of which there can be no doubt given our extensive injury list, the club will inevitably sell Callum Williamson for not much more than the price of a Ford Capri (reluctant sale, only because move abroad forces sale) preceding an incredulous but inevitable return to League One next year.

I bid you good morrow.

Very good although your correct usage of ‘of which’ gives you away unfortunately. Made me chuckle though, so have a cigar !

:smoke:

Unfortunately due to the current injury impasse and the hitherto forthcoming inevitable reversal at Goodison Park, of which there can be no doubt given our extensive injury list, the club will inevitably sell Callum Williamson for not much more than the price of a Ford Capri (reluctant sale, only because move abroad forces sale) preceding an incredulous but inevitable return to League One next year.

I bid you good morrow.
:clap: Either Roger is brilliant or his account has been hacked.
"Williamson" ...........:ROFLMAO:

....if Chelsea offered £50 million I would bite their hand off in all honesty (Coventry would be happy too no doubt?)

Much as I think that we need Callum, we need to strengthen the defensive side of our squad more!

Not to mention the New Stadium/Training Facilities opportunities?

....if Chelsea offered £50 million I would bite their hand off in all honesty (Coventry would be happy too no doubt?)

Much as I think that we need Callum, we need to strengthen the defensive side of our squad more!

Not to mention the New Stadium/Training Facilities opportunities?
I think you can forget about any transfer fee we receive being reinvested into training facilities / stadium

SSN reporting that Higuain is to join Chelsea, having been a favourite of Maurizio Sarri at Napoli, where he scored a pile of goals. Maybe Callum not going to Stamford Bridge ...?

Sorry I don't get your point mate.

Just that a lot of your posts seem to be about how much bigger and better other clubs are in comparison to AFCB.

My opinion is that players don't seem to consider whether a club got to a cup final in the 1980s, had a good team in the 50s or even how big their ground is when deciding on whether to sign for them. It's all about cash. Maybe Wolves will throw cash at him.

Just that a lot of your posts seem to be about how much bigger and better other clubs are in comparison to AFCB.

My opinion is that players don't seem to consider whether a club got to a cup final in the 1980s, had a good team in the 50s or even how big their ground is when deciding on whether to sign for them. It's all about cash. Maybe Wolves will throw cash at him.
I disagree I think it is realism to suggest Wolves are bigger club than us and paticularly around the Midlands where Callum is from. Yes players may or may not choose to go to a club because of history etc.... but some might do. I also mentioned that Wolves have the cash to throw at him and also Wolverhampton is not too far away from his home town where his family are. Hence why I said it isn't impossible. To call the idea of him going to Wolves deluded seems daft to me. Yeah he probably won't but it isn't exactly impossible.

I disagree I think it is realism to suggest Wolves are bigger club than us and paticularly around the Midlands where Callum is from. Yes players may or may not choose to go to a club because of history etc.... but some might do. I also mentioned that Wolves have the cash to throw at him and also Wolves is not too far away from his home town where hos family are. Hence why I said it isn't impossible.

I think the points about his family and the location may be relevant but other than that I've not seen much to suggest that it will come down to anything other than money.

I just don't really agree that players move due to the perceived 'size' of a club unless it is one of the mega clubs. Especially a club that has done sod all for so long. We've only lost Matt Ritchie in three years and that was because he apparently trebled his wages despite all of the 'size of the club' platitudes he doled out in the local paper.

Last edited:
Find me five players that accepted a lower pay packet to move to a club (outside the absolute elite) with which they weren't personally connected (former player, boyhood supporter etc) because the club offering less pay had more supporters/won something a long time ago.

As SDD says, in the case of Wolves it would come down to money and almost nothing else. If they wanted to double or triple his salary he might indicate he would like to move but I would expect the same if that offer was from any other PL club. That isn't to deride CW as being particularly mercenary, I would expect the same from almost every player.

;