Win, lose or draw

Druss_the_Legend

UTC Legend
Can anyone really hold their hand up to say we have played as a team and well this season in any game?

The sacking of JT was never about results, we were in the top 6 all season. It was about the poor performances on the pitch.

We needed someone to make us a team and play like one. Sadly, the board dont seem to care.

Can anyone really hold their hand up to say we have played as a team and well this season in any game?

The sacking of JT was never about results, we were in the top 6 all season. It was about the poor performances on the pitch.

We needed someone to make us a team and play like one. Sadly, the board dont seem to care.
Away to Barnsley, Coventry and Birmingham we looked pretty decent.

We were ok when we mullered Huddersfield.

I think..............................................
Our expectations were a lot different under Tindall tbf....some of our football under him was light years ahead of what we watched yesterday .......yet now some of our fans are suddenly just happy for us to just string a few passes together and grind out a few results ..............Tindall was judged to a much higher standard .

Funny Ol Game....

...if I could go back to April 1960...would I have gone with Manu, Arsenal, Glory Hallelujah Spurs or the Solent City Tidewash in the old 2nd Div...?
Oh no Sir ! Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic.....Division Three!
or maybe Bournemouth Waterworks ( good local side then right next to my house )..or the Poppies.
I wonder if Poppies players would relish even being allowed to play now..let alone giving 100% for peanuts !

Football...that funny ol game.

Last edited:
This thread is rapidly turning into "But apart from that what has Jason Tindall ever done for us"

Indeed, there were plenty of good performances under Tindall. Showing signs of more attacking intent which we haven’t seen under Woodgate.

Short memories. But it’s like saying everything has been terrible for two years, ignoring the wins under Howe against Chelsea twice and very nearly three in the final game before lockdown, the Brighton 5-0, Tottenham, Everton, Southampton, Man United... sure the warning signs were there but in comparison to the state we find ourselves in now...

Cardiff City...capital of a neighbouring Nation.. a massive club in comparison to us...are coming to DC with an in-form assembly of Championship galacticos and the mercurial wizard Mickey McCarthy booting their butts...wheeeesh...can we raise our game and see em off?

Then.. Oh My Goshers..our ol' mates Watford ..and one Daniello il Goslingario...likely to come on after 60 minutes..to tidy up !

Where has the quick passing wing back attacking play gone Ferking Kelly sprints 30 yards forward then stops looks up and goes bloody square or back wheres the over lapping gone ??

Of course we have played well in a number of games - Barnsley, Hudds, Forest, Coventry, Brum (away) We also played pretty well in the defeat at Brentford. Other games we have played well in periods e.g. Reading at home.

I think the OP needs to respond.

To what? Sorry was out for the highlight of the week having a walk.

We haven't played as a team all season...we changed formation and players every single match and there is zero passion or understanding from the players.

Dan could be a superb player at this level, but he's turned into a one trick pony...who is coaching him? Too many players playing as individuals and not as team players. That has got us results as we simply have better players. But when an individual doesn't pull a bit of magic we look what we are...a rudderless side who don't really care.

We've played well in a good few games this season including under Woodgate.

Probably only played well for most of the 90 minutes in about half a dozen or so games though and none of them under Woodgate. For the rest of them it's been just for short periods, 10 or 20 minutes here and there, the nadir being Rotherham, which was for the 10 seconds it took to score the goal.

Indeed, there were plenty of good performances under Tindall. Showing signs of more attacking intent which we haven’t seen under Woodgate.

Short memories. But it’s like saying everything has been terrible for two years, ignoring the wins under Howe against Chelsea twice and very nearly three in the final game before lockdown, the Brighton 5-0, Tottenham, Everton, Southampton, Man United... sure the warning signs were there but in comparison to the state we find ourselves in now...

Five decent wins in a season and a half was never going to be enough ....

To what? Sorry was out for the highlight of the week having a walk.

We haven't played as a team all season...we changed formation and players every single match and there is zero passion or understanding from the players.

Dan could be a superb player at this level, but he's turned into a one trick pony...who is coaching him? Too many players playing as individuals and not as team players. That has got us results as we simply have better players. But when an individual doesn't pull a bit of magic we look what we are...a rudderless side who don't really care.
This .
No leaders on or off the pitch , no real desire to play together as a team - just some individuals who think they’re better than this level ....

;