Winning Mentality

NWCherries98

Fans' Favourite
I’ve never seen a team draw so many games and look like such a bunch of feckless losers. Haemorrhaging points like a fucking sieve. Never has the phrase “clutched defeat from the jaws of victory” been more applicable. It’s like trying to watch an amputee hop a marathon, only they cut their own leg off.

Thought the first half was pretty great though.

Yems got 3 points today !

Boscombe have lost that edge for dramatic endings !

They had it when Yems was around ...just saying!

I’ve never seen a team draw so many games and look like such a bunch of feckless losers. Haemorrhaging points like a fucking sieve. Never has the phrase “clutched defeat from the jaws of victory” been more applicable. It’s like trying to watch an amputee hop a marathon, only they cut their own leg off.

Thought the first half was pretty great though.
Soon as Preston upped their game, were more confrontational in the challenges, we wilted and pulled back. That's when you need Lerma, or either Cook, maybe a Stanislas, to really take hold of the game by the scruff. But we're too passive and too soft for that.

Genuinely fascinated, What’s the point in winding up your fans?

Most readers will just shake their head at your point. Timing or not.

If you notice...on match days..I'm 100% positive for the team ..before the game.

Anything after is fun for me..that's all...my way of dealing with frustration.
If you can't handle the banter..!

Passive. They need something to rock them out of this. Maybe 4am starts in training would do it. I thought the Watford fracas was the spark. If it was it didn't last long. Earlier in the season a point away would be ok but not now with only a few games left in the season.

No doubt a lot of teams get behind the ball when they play us. We make this more of an issue as build up is too slow and then we lack the guile to unlock packed defences. Midfield trio haven’t the ability to do this while the individual flair of danjuma and Stan often gets blocked

Imho think Wilshere and brooks (when available) need to play in these type of games. However, both jack and brooks will need game time to get match fit .....during which they are less ineffective.

Passive. They need something to rock them out of this. Maybe 4am starts in training would do it. I thought the Watford fracas was the spark. If it was it didn't last long. Earlier in the season a point away would be ok but not now with only a few games left in the season.

yeah or get Brian Laws and Roy Keane in for a while to kick the sh1t out of a few of them. :D

In a way it was too easy to start with. Preston's high press was passive aggressive, it all seemed a bit gentlemanly at times. We were allowed to pass and create without the fear of a smashing tackle coming in and sauntered into the lead. After half time we continued to saunter while Preston upped their levels, brought on a couple of subs and we floundered. Their goal, albeit it came from a mistake from Cookie, was always on the cards. We really lack a killer instinct. We are soft. We have luxury players who are undoubtedly skilled but lack in guts and courage. Already mentioned that Barnsley have won 7 in a row. More skillfull players or just plain damned passion, effort and wokrate? You decide.

In a way it was too easy to start with. Preston's high press was passive aggressive, it all seemed a bit gentlemanly at times. We were allowed to pass and create without the fear of a smashing tackle coming in and sauntered into the lead. After half time we continued to saunter while Preston upped their levels, brought on a couple of subs and we floundered. Their goal, albeit it came from a mistake from Cookie, was always on the cards. We really lack a killer instinct. We are soft. We have luxury players who are undoubtedly skilled but lack in guts and courage. Already mentioned that Barnsley have won 7 in a row. More skillfull players or just plain damned passion, effort and wokrate? You decide.

Totally agree,we have had a soft underbelly all season,we have no on pitch leaders,and haven't for a long time.
Quite simply the team has no cojones.
Gary O'Neil alluded to this in his recent interview,I'm hoping its something they are working on.

Well they weren’t four goals worse than us when we played at their place - it was a really good performance from us but they certainly played good football and had chances ....
Their position is no fluke , already we’ve had some fans on SM “ what are they doing up there ? “ “ they’ve no right to be “ etc ...
Well neither have we and we have to put it in every game now for the full 90mins ...

;