With no game this weekend. What to do?

Kenya Cherrie

UTC Legend
Decided to fly down to Diani again this weekend and take in the rays.
A beautiful part of the world. I hear another Cherrie will be there too.
Amazing how many Cherries fans visit this part of the globe.

Bank some husband points with my better half, ready to be spent at a later date on following AFCB to some random corner of our country. This is likely to involve some combination of:
DIY job(s) currently on "the list"
Getting out for some quality time, probably a good long walk (weather permitting).
Taking her out for a bite to eat one evening

Will be spending the weekend in Pembrokeshire. Staying at a nice little farm house. Be nice to go off grid for a few days
Sounds perfect

All 8 FA Cup games are on TV, so will look in on those. Have a "tee time" at the local indoor golf simulator, 2 guys, 18 holes, 2 hours. Maybe a concert video or two. Not bad, all in all, as long as the damn snow goes off.

All 8 FA Cup games are on TV, so will look in on those. Have a "tee time" at the local indoor golf simulator, 2 guys, 18 holes, 2 hours. Maybe a concert video or two. Not bad, all in all, as long as the damn snow goes off.

How much do they charge you for the 2 hours golf.

And does anyone know how much it is at Golf Central Bournemouth? I'm back in a few weeks and fancy a go. It's an absolute rip off here for indoor golf (not that you'd want to with the courses and weather but still)

Depends on the time of day, cheapest in the morning, around $40 per hour, so $20 per hour per player. Quality is very good, lots of courses at all skill levels and distances are very much in line with your outdoor game. Chipping can be very tricky, as that is all "feel", you never think that you are hitting a chip 15 yds, or 20 yds, or 25 yds. Putting is pretty good once you get the hang of it.

Going Non-League...£4.00 to watch Liskeard v Penzance in the South West Peninsula League West Div.....grass roots stuff but good fun and played at a decent pace compared to non league of 20 years back. You can sit down under cover or move around any part of the ground with your Pasty or Pie. A decent clubhouse bar and Tv overlooking the pitch if its raining !
Many of the players are ex- apprentices of Plymouth, Exeter or Bristol Rovers etc. They get about £40.00 match fee I think....so slightly short of Ramseys £400'000 a week at Arsenal/ Juve! But its competitive football with plenty of goals and incidents....20-1 the score at Liskeards last home game... but usually at least 3 or 4 nil!
I meet up with another Cherry, Colin from Southbourne, a veteran of Bosc ombes 57 cup run and Hearts fan Henry the Haggis.... a good old football Yap....if they can get a word in edgeways. I keep them updated with Boscombe and Hearts scores from my mobile if we are not on Sky.
Non league is good value these days....sometimes I gets a bag of Prawns from the Co- op round the corner and thaw them out in me pocket , then get the ladies in the tea room to slap em between two bits of granary bread ...if the pasties are sh#te!
Its a lot more fun than being in the pub with all the Man U and Liverpool fans....trouble is the games are not very frequent..with many post- ponements in Winter. But a good substitute for empty PL weeks sometimes!

80 years old Mum has a hip replacement on Friday, very conveniently on the weekend of no game so I can be the dutiful son (alongside my siblings), and visit her as she starts recovery, without risk of missing a game. Home game would have been easy enough, distant away day would have been a challenge!!

80 years old Mum has a hip replacement on Friday, very conveniently on the weekend of no game so I can be the dutiful son (alongside my siblings), and visit her as she starts recovery, without risk of missing a game. Home game would have been easy enough, distant away day would have been a challenge!!

My mum had a hip replacement when she was 80. I dutifully visited her the next day. She slept through most of my visit - and had forgotten about it completely the next time I went in!

;