Wolves v AFC Bournemouth

Stan hitting the post is the sort of thing thats been happening recently. Onside goals for us being ruled out, offside goals against us being allowed. Something will fall for us sooner or later. But we need to capitalise on it when it does.

This is nearer the reality [ for Minty! ]...we all know that we easily could have had another three or four points from these recent games and only in a couple of them, have we played proper poorly. This isn't so much a run of BAD performances. Its a run of bad luck and some individual errors at the wrong time.

And the injuries.....what can you say. Not many sides would have this many around the same time and manage, outside the very best squads.

I'd be interested to see what a balanced view was. Very easy for a complete meltdown, its happening already on Twitter. I have seen some independent posts and many said that it was a pretty even game, both sides trying to attack in dreadful conditions. We have a lot of fans who go way OTT when we lose after all.

Depending on how Franno is for the Brighton game, Eddie has some interesting times before the window opens. Rico may have improved across his time on the pitch, Daniels has been so off form since coming back, who will he go for there? Is it time for Simpson to come in if Franno is missing? Sure he can play right back?

Just think we need to remain calm. We will be nowhere near the bottom of the table in the long run but it will be disappointing to drop below the top ten at the same time.

Who cares about Chelsea in a cup that won’t help us.6defeats in 7 games with a very much depleted squad is the worry and the “recruits”who are not good enough and offer little threat .Noshots on goal,Ibe gets chance after chance and can’t produce ,time to move some of these players on.Just hope we can hang on to end of season,something I wasn’t even contemplating 3 weeks ago.

This 'no shots on goal' isn't quite right though is it. Bearing in mind hitting the bar and other goal bound shots blocked by defenders. While they may not show on official stats as 'on target', they still are in reality.

AFCB 62% possession, 13 shots, 3 on target.

Wolves 9 shots, 3 on target

The important stat unfortunately they scored 2 goals.

The first a mistake and we got punished.

The second chasing the game and in the dying minutes they put the game to bed.

I thought he did ok throughout, but looked like he was running through treacle in the last 5-10 mins which when you come on after 35mins isn’t ideal!

Which is why he probably needs a run of games now, not as though Charlie is on form ahead of him.

Is it time for Simpson to come in if Franno is missing? Sure he can play right back?

In my opinion no

In fact I can only think of Steve Cook that's actually played there before. I get taking Brooks out, he seemed to have slowed down somewhat the last few games. I even see how losing Francis mean't that 3 at the back was the obvious goto. I don't think anyone was particularly terrible,
(edit: Yeah Daniels also of the pace last few games) but they stuck men behind the ball, we didn't have enough about us to get through them. There's a reason Stan and Ibe aren't first choice, they do most things right, but they don't make space or get behind as often as other options

Oh well, Brighton looking more and more important, here's hoping Dunk gifts us a penalty

We huffed and we puffed, but in all fairness this game was always going to go this way when the injuries that we had was factored in. You CANNOT go away from home with four key players missing and expect to get a result. It just doesn't work! We would not have scored if we were still playing at this time tomorrow.

In all fairness, do not expect anything different against Brighton either.

We now have to rely on Arsenal beating Southampton and hope West Ham beat Fulham later today to keep the bottom three where they are and to prevent the points gap, currently at 13 points, being reduced to 11. Thank God that Newcastle did us a favor by beating Huddersfield to keep them in the bottom three.

What is starting to worry me now is that the recent down turn in results will have an effect on the players, when come January one or two of them might start to think that it would be advantageous to jump ship for a bigger club in view of the fact that we are continuously losing football matches.

It does seem that parachute training may well have to be introduced this week as we have slipped into free-fall.

In fairness, I am not all happy with today's result, but reality and realism has stuck it ugly head into the mix i.e. injuries has once again cost us.

Brighton at home proved to be an important game last year tbf!....not sure Defoe will come on to rescue us again though....if he didn't come on today...he's never coming on again.

Minty....that is almost a level headed post for you...so well done.

I don't think players will jump ship due to us 'continuously losing matches'....everyone knows teams have form one minute and then struggle the next. Happens to most teams in the PL. Just maybe Callum will find a huge offer tricky to turn down but I also think he loves the club.

They are more likely to realise that we will get back into form soon enough, they know Eddie will be trying to bolster the depleted squad too. Times like these need level heads. We all knew the run of fixtures was going to be very tough up to the new year, that hasn't really changed. We are more than capable of beating Brighton, whoever is available.

With Brooks and Injured Lewis missing, we lacked the creativity needed to unlock their defence. Consequently, the result was of no surprise to me even though we had so much possesstion. Really worried about all our injuries and Eddie must strengthen the squad.

This 'no shots on goal' isn't quite right though is it. Bearing in mind hitting the bar and other goal bound shots blocked by defenders. While they may not show on official stats as 'on target', they still are in reality.
Didn't Lerma have one from 30 yards into the chest of the goalkeeper ?

We huffed and we puffed, but in all fairness this game was always going to go this way when the injuries that we had was factored in. You CANNOT go away from home with four key players missing and expect to get a result. It just doesn't work! We would not have scored if we were still playing at this time tomorrow.

In all fairness, do not expect anything different against Brighton either.

We now have to rely on Arsenal beating Southampton and hope West Ham beat Fulham later today to keep the bottom three where they are and to prevent the points gap, currently at 13 points, being reduced to 11. Thank God that Newcastle did us a favor by beating Huddersfield to keep them in the bottom three.

What is starting to worry me now is that the recent down turn in results will have an effect on the players, when come January one or two of them might start to think that it would be advantageous to jump ship for a bigger club in view of the fact that we are continuously losing football matches.

It does seem that parachute training may well have to be introduced this week as we have slipped into free-fall.

In fairness, I am not all happy with today's result, but reality and realism has stuck it ugly head into the mix i.e. injuries has once again cost us.
I sensible post for a change but I expect us to beat brighton and we're not going down this season

Just got to the train...very soggy!

I really thought we’d get level as we had much more zip second half but seems that we used all our late comeback trump cards last season.

Mings looked useful and I really thought this could be the start of something. Gutted for him and hope it’s nothing serious. Shame on the wolves fans booing. It wasn’t like we were getting an advantage out of him going down.

I think it’s Smith we are missing most and as others have said, right side of defence needs sorting somehow. God forbid we end up having to use Fraser back there again.

I’ve really hoped Ibe would come good but I just don’t think we’re the team for him. He wasn’t terrible but wasn’t much of a threat.

Time to pull together and grind some results out.

;