Worried but hoping to be proved wrong

simonhpieman

Star Player
Tindall's appointment doesn't come as a surprise but it's certainly far from the most progressive and forward-thinking appointment the club could have made.

Minimal disruption of what had gone before when perhaps new ideas and faces could be the order of the day after one truly disastrous season and several that were indifferent at best.

I wish JT all the best but it's not an appointment that smacks of ambition. I'm half of a mind that thinks it only serves to further cement our tinpot status: little ol' Bormuff bringing through another of the little lads wot played for 'em cos they can't afford nuffink else even wiv their rich cheating russian owner, how sweet.

At least JT has more experience than "Li Brabree".

Who knows. Could be interesting but I worry we're in for more of the same and a struggle next season, as well as just as much progress with our facilities (ie. None).

Imagine it will be Purches as No.2 aswell to complete the status quo.
We're like a tinpot version of Athletic Bilbao where every player and manager has to be born in Basque country, ours have to have played for us. At least Bilbao have a nice big stadium though.

Minimal disruption of what had gone before when perhaps new ideas and faces could be the order of the day after one truly disastrous season and several that were indifferent at best.

Not sure I even agree with the 'truly disastrous season' bit, but please do not forget what has gone before, of which Jason has been a major part.

We have just been through the best ever period in the history of the club.

Just remember that.

:utc:

Imagine it will be Purches as No.2 aswell to complete the status quo.
We're like a tinpot version of Athletic Bilbao where every player and manager has to be born in Basque country, ours have to have played for us. At least Bilbao have a nice big stadium though.

Do you not realise that every club has more or less the same system. The manager picks his backroom staff and brings his friends and/or former colleagues with him.

Only rarely does a team bring a new manager in from outside and keep the backroom staff of the former manager. In this instance I would expect Jason to keep more or less the same backroom staff, with some going due to financial issues.

Can we not do the Lee Bradbury comparisons. Lee did alright, up until that brilliant Solent interview where we were "brilliant for the first 4 minutes"

Wonder how many of the playing squad have heard the news and thought “great appointment” and are now itching to get back for pre season.

any that think like that have no place in the coming team.... they can do one

So ok for most of this message board to think that but not the players? :)
Whilst I agree with the sentiment it’s not likely is it - should Tindall fail to get them motivated and playing well it will be JT that leaves and the same old sound bytes from players that things “didn’t quite click”.
Keeping everything crossed that Max and JT get these next few months right.

Just catching up with Solent - intriguing stuff.

You got Willo questioning whether Eddie leaving was as mutual as was made out and did the club have more to say.

Then you got Kris T replying by saying Eddie was the main decision maker. But then going onto say that it was Eddie who wanted the "new direction" and perhaps the club weren't in agreement.

All a very puzzling few minutes of chat between them.

The difference between Bradbury and JT is about 12 years worth of management experience at the time of being appointed. Hence the comparison really doesn't stand up in this scenario

Just catching up with Solent - intriguing stuff.

You got Willo questioning whether Eddie leaving was as mutual as was made out and did the club have more to say.

Then you got Kris T replying by saying Eddie was the main decision maker. But then going onto say that it was Eddie who wanted the "new direction" and perhaps the club weren't in agreement.

All a very puzzling few minutes of chat between them.
Kris was pointing out that the "new direction" quote came from Eddie, which it did:

“However, although the affection and love I have for this football club will always remain, we collectively feel that now is the right time for the club to go in a new direction".

Thats the only place I've seen it.

Kris was pointing out that the "new direction" quote came from Eddie, which it did:

“However, although the affection and love I have for this football club will always remain, we collectively feel that now is the right time for the club to go in a new direction".

Thats the only place I've seen it.

He does say "we collectively feel that now is the right time for the club to go in a new direction" though, which more than insinuates that someone in a position of power thought the same unless Eddie Howe, of course, is liar...or a royal.

He does say "we collectively feel that now is the right time for the club to go in a new direction" though, which more than insinuates that someone in a position of power thought the same unless Eddie Howe, of course, is liar...or a royal.
I wasnt disputing that. Merely pointing out the source.

Reactions: DJ

;