Wycombe - The Verdict

AlGard

UTC Legend
Bright start, but no reward.
Great Alsop save.
Time wasting started after 6 minutes.
Did we teach Allsop to cheat?
Then the roughing up treatment started.
We just couldn't create too much despite total domination.
2nd half more of the same.
Bego to thank again for a couple of great saves.
Crude tackle for the red,
then at last the deserved goal.
Then the time wasting stopped.
Nervy with only one goal lead.
Ref was dire, lino's were 1 point above dire.
Expect a few more games like this.
Learning to be patient will be needed again.
Any admiration I had for Wycombe on their promotion has gone.
I hope they finish last.

Tbh that performance was a bit embarrassing. I get that every game is going to be a battle in the championship, but we were hanging on for dear life against a ten man mid table league one side. We won because of Begovic basically. Surridge was good when he came on, aside from that no outfield player had a great game. And WTF is Stanislas doing at the end? What a w****r.

Bright start, but no reward.
Great Alsop save.
Time wasting started after 6 minutes.
Did we teach Allsop to cheat?
Then the roughing up treatment started.
We just couldn't create too much despite total domination.
2nd half more of the same.
Bego to thank again for a couple of great saves.
Crude tackle for the red,
then at last the deserved goal.
Then the time wasting stopped.
Nervy with only one goal lead.
Ref was dire, lino's were 1 point above dire.
Expect a few more games like this.
Learning to be patient will be needed again.
Any admiration I had for Wycombe on their promotion has gone.
I hope they finish last.
Exactly as I thought Wycombe would be after talking to a Norwich supporting mate last week. He said just get the 3 points and thank God you don't play them more than twice this season.

I disagree we have to play out the minutes remaining keep the ball in the corner rather than risking giving it away.
Part of a strikers duty . Sam will learn Junior knew the importance of possession.
Not good to see but shows the desire to win.

Tbh that performance was a bit embarrassing. I get that every game is going to be a battle in the championship, but we were hanging on for dear life against a ten man mid table league one side. We won because of Begovic basically. Surridge was good when he came on, aside from that no outfield player had a great game. And WTF is Stanislas doing at the end? What a w****r.
Hey Waz. I’ve had plenty of shoving matches playing local league games.
For a minute you may fiumr abs your team mate. L

Tbh that performance was a bit embarrassing. I get that every game is going to be a battle in the championship, but we were hanging on for dear life against a ten man mid table league one side.

Really??

Hardly hanging on for dear life

Hardly a mid table league one side, don’t be so arrogant and dismissive. Wycombe set up well, they have a game plan and they are proving difficult to beat (except at Blackburn).

Have some respect for a side batting above their average, we’ve been there.....

After stan went mad at Kelly in first half I think he passed to him 1 more time that I noticed the whole match ( thats all I noticed dont jump on me if it was 2 or 3) and then goes mad at surrudge for having a shot instead of passing or not taking it to corner, thats not good from a senior player, I think he has some explaining to do in the dressing room tonight

After stan went mad at Kelly in first half I think he passed to him 1 more time that I noticed the whole match ( thats all I noticed dont jump on me if it was 2 or 3) and then goes mad at surrudge for having a shot instead of passing or not taking it to corner, thats not good from a senior player, I think he has some explaining to do in the dressing room tonight

No I noticed that too, seemed to have a real stick up his ass tonight.

If we refer to Wycombe as a "League 1' side...
......then if we get promoted we can expect to be referred to, by say Wolves or Saints fans, as a ' championship' side....is that how it works ?
Exactly, they’re in this league on merit. Some people seem very arrogant considering what we’ve been doing over the last seven years

;