Wycombe - The Verdict

Tbh that performance was a bit embarrassing. I get that every game is going to be a battle in the championship, but we were hanging on for dear life against a ten man mid table league one side. We won because of Begovic basically. Surridge was good when he came on, aside from that no outfield player had a great game. And WTF is Stanislas doing at the end? What a w****r.

Na, just beat them and move on. It was always going to be a bombardment.

Bego great, even helped put the pressure on the ref for the red too.

Bego great again, certainly making an early claim for MOTY.

The red card was a bad one, nice melee following that. Then Stan and Sam?? I sat down to watch football and a hockey game broke out!

Take the three points and run, Watford-Brentford draw helpful. Keep the drive going and create some separation at the top.

After stan went mad at Kelly in first half I think he passed to him 1 more time that I noticed the whole match ( thats all I noticed dont jump on me if it was 2 or 3) and then goes mad at surrudge for having a shot instead of passing or not taking it to corner, thats not good from a senior player, I think he has some explaining to do in the dressing room tonight
Senior player? But he'll always be Junior

Just delighted to see us bag the three points in what was always going to be a very tough game. We desperately needed to win this one to keep the pressure on Norwich before tomorrow night’s game and in the end it was mission accomplished.

Wycombe’s manager talking about how proud he is of his team after the game suggests that they played out of their skin, yet we still managed to beat them !

What bemused me is the tactics. After about 20 mins it was pretty plain to see that we weren't ' clicking' and were off our game. At that point why didn't they have a go at us. Some of their balls in the box were begging to be hammered home. Instead they tried to kill he game and frustrate us. The time wasting was embarrassing but the referee allowing the time wasting to continue was more embarrassing. A yellow card to Allsop after half an hour would have gee'd him up. We huffed and puffed and it seemed we just wanted that extra touch or extra second on the ball which they just didn't let us have. Deserved the win but....wtf was going on with Stan tonight. He may have scored the winner but in my eyes he let himself down. As an 'elder' statesman of the team his reaction to both Kelly and Surridge was embarrassing. In the first half his pass to Kelly was poor and certainly did not deserve the reaction he gave to Kelly and in the second Surridge was fully entitled to go for goal. That's his job. Did Stan think it was all about him tonight?? I think he need to wind his neck in abit. Passion is great but his actions tonight we're poor. All in all a poor performance that got us a win, just, we're top of league and move on to the next game

It all just looked way too casual to me after we went 1-0. There were a few occasions where we didn’t have the same desire to win the ball back. They seemed to get the ball in 3 on 3/4 positions which shouldn’t be happening on that situation.

King looked ip for it when on to be fair hopefully he can avoid any more unusual issues.

Enjoyed being there tonight but it’s a game I’ve seen many a time over the years where we just make bad decisions and lacking in the final pass , always against a deep lying , frustrating team .
At least we won , Bego top man again tonight UTCIAD.

Just delighted to see us bag the three points in what was always going to be a very tough game. We desperately needed to win this one to keep the pressure on Norwich before tomorrow night’s game and in the end it was mission accomplished.

Wycombe’s manager talking about how proud he is of his team after the game suggests that they played out of their skin, yet we still managed to beat them !

True but he also thought it wasn't a red card so what does he know?

True but he also thought it wasn't a red card so what does he know?
Yeah. Presumably it wasn't a red card because Lewis didn't leave the ground in an ambulance ! Not sure how any coach can object to that sending off, made him come across as a bit of a grouch. He also dresses like somebody's Dad at a teenagers' disco which doesn't help his cause ! That leather jacket fully deserved a red card in my opinion !

;