You are the boss.

You are the manager!
It's the last minute of extra time in the play off final. It's 2-2.
Do you bring on Travers to replace Begovic for the penalties?
I was thinking about this last night and yes, it would make sense to bring Travers on for the shootout, no doubt in my mind. IMO Begovic is no better than average at saving penalties whereas Travers seems to have that little bit extra in the same situation. Maybe he has practised facing penalties more during his development or maybe he just reacts quicker. For whatever reason he has the edge.
Travers really MUST come on if it goes to penalties in the final. We will need to save one substitution just in case the game goes to penalties IMO.

NO PRESSURE MARK.
In a shootout there really is no pressure on the keeper. He's not expected to save any but if he does he can be a hero. In his post match interview last night Travers stated that he really ENJOYS penalty shootouts, so I'm sure he'd relish the opportunity to be the hero once again if he gets the chance. He'll be fine with it.

I think we ought to keep him back as our "penalty shootout special team" now, make him face a lot of penalties in training and as soon as we know who we will be facing, we should be educating him about the opposition's probable penalty takers.

Of course that plan all goes to pot if we get players pulling up injured during the 90 minutes and have to use all of our subs beforehand :unsure:

However, I still think we should plan to do it this way, just in case such a situation should arise. PPPPP and all that.

Remember when Stuart Pearce brought on David James upfront for City a few years ago. Same thinking no doubt but a total liability. Having said that, travers’ header was excellent. King or Wilson wouldn’t have scored that!

One option would be to put Steve cook in goal and push travers up.

In a penalty shoot out I would prefer travers to begovic tbh even though Bego is our player of the season. Decent record already.

You can't do that. His performances this season justify his present standing as the No. 1 AFCB goalkeeper.

Yes - i'd risk it...

But..if he was brought on for an outfield player near the end of extra time and gave the ball away to the opposition during a corner...with Bego also up for the corner too....the manager. would get serious grief from the Forum if a goal resulted at the other end! And that's assuming we even get a corner !

However I'd risk that too ! What the Hell. Its to write or tell a story ! Boscombe ' History !

I would bring him on for pens ,have seen it done before in a cup final and the keeper brought on saved 2 and his team won the cup.i

;