You think we have problems

stanthevan

UTC Legend
Watford have 17 players “injured” and not available for selection! Having said that, they have 11 on the pitch who are really up for it, so it’s not all doom and gloom.

17 players injured and can still field a full team and have 7 on the bench. With a squad that size, I think they'll be alright.

Hence my opinion this league is not difficult
Watford are one of the squads supposed to dominate it.

Nobody has given me a squad better than ours yet.

Does your Physio have any opinion on what the Watford coaching staff are doing wrong Neil?

Last edited:
Its matchday.! We must always be Positive on matchday mornings. ...stacks of Up The Cherrying and upbeat euphoria !

:utc:. :wahey: :guns:

Blackburn Goalkeeper - poor b@sturd !

4-1 ? Yeah I reckon t'will be near it!

Matchday evenings and the rest of the week are for analysing what our 'quality squad' did or didn't do !

Nobody has a starting 11 better than ours for sure, the issue is the depth of the squad. Given their history, it’s quite conceivable that Danjuma, Brooks and Stan could all be injured at the same time. Then what do we do? We also have only two senior strikers. (King is gone so doesn’t count) We are potentially relying an awful lot on untried kids!

I don't doubt that the squad will be more bulked out by the time the transfer window closes. We are used to Eddie doing most of the incoming transfers early, but that was Eddie. This is a new dynamic when we need to clear wages off the books before we reinvest in (cheaper) replacements. There will also be plenty of loan opportunities from clubs in the Premier League. Further still, what's the point in having promising young players if they can't get some minutes now and again with us?

You'd think if someone believed we had the best squad in the league that it would be a positive thing. Obviously not.
I know! See Ken’s post on angry people I guess. For the first time I can remember we have the best starting team in August. Maybe some older fans will have had this experience before. Now, I’m well aware that luck and injuries may not see this come to fruition but can we not enjoy this moment?

It completely plays to my theory that there is a section of this fan base that resent success, never feel worthy and yearn for the days when we were losing to Crewe. Just like those music fans that get annoyed when the whole country starts loving the band they ‘found’. We had to live with it all through the PL days never being allowed to expect any victory and we now have to all pretend that a side with Lerma, Brooks, Kelly, Cook x 2, Danjuma, Stanislas, Mepham and Smith will struggle against Wycombe.

Anyway.... I’m excited and think this could be a memorable season...

I know! See Ken’s post on angry people I guess. For the first time I can remember we have the best starting team in August. Maybe some older fans will have had this experience before. Now, I’m well aware that luck and injuries may not see this come to fruition but can we not enjoy this moment?

It completely plays to my theory that there is a section of this fan base that resent success, never feel worthy and yearn for the days when we were losing to Crewe. Just like those music fans that get annoyed when the whole country starts loving the band they ‘found’. We had to live with it all through the PL days never being allowed to expect any victory and we now have to all pretend that a side with Lerma, Brooks, Kelly, Cook x 2, Danjuma, Stanislas, Mepham and Smith will struggle against Wycombe.

Anyway.... I’m excited and think this could be a memorable season...

Our squad is good. There's probably five or so other squads that are just as good. It's the same every season in the Championship. The relegated sides vs the teams that nearly got there the previous season plus any surprise packages. All of them with strengths and weakness.

I'm not sure why there's a need to definately declare ours as 'the best' at this point other than to prove some negative point.

The funniest thing is you came up with the idea then suddenly it's other people who are required to prove your point is wrong rather than you proving your own theory. None of us know a great deal about other squads including you.

Our squad is good. There's probably five or so other squads that are just as good. It's the same every season in the Championship. The relegated sides vs the teams that nearly got there the previous season plus any surprise packages. All of them with strengths and weakness.

I'm not sure why there's a need to definately declare ours as 'the best' at this point other than to prove some negative point.

The funniest thing is you came up with the idea then suddenly it's other people who are required to prove your point is wrong rather than you proving your own theory. None of us know a great deal about other squads including you.

Our starting line up is better than any other starting line up on paper. I have studied all the others and Norwich are the next strongest. That’s my opinion. My opinion is as valid and invalid as anyone’s! That’s why I have asked out of genuine interest if people agree and if they can come up with another one better as I find it hard to believe (I think this might be a first for us although maybe in the early 70s it was also the case?). I’m not asking anyone to ‘prove my point’ that’s just your cognitive bias when reading anything I write. Nobody has given me a better starting line up ( maybe to your point because they haven’t looked ) so I haven’t got anything to change my mind.

Now of course for us, and Norwich, teams on paper are no good because the game is played on grass. I’m fully aware that luck, injuries and form will play a very large role and as the season goes on these will inform opinions on whether we are achieving or not. As it stands though, without a ball being kicked that starting line up gives me huge optimism. I know that’s not encouraged by the select few on here and I need to frenziedly rock backwards and forwards when one of our multimillion full internationals wins a corner against Rotherham but I’m not that sort of person sorry.

Our starting line up is better than any other starting line up on paper. I have studied all the others and Norwich are the next strongest. That’s my opinion. My opinion is as valid and invalid as anyone’s! That’s why I have asked out of genuine interest if people agree and if they can come up with another one better as I find it hard to believe (I think this might be a first for us although maybe in the early 70s it was also the case?). I’m not asking anyone to ‘prove my point’ that’s just your cognitive bias when reading anything I write. Nobody has given me a better starting line up ( maybe to your point because they haven’t looked ) so I haven’t got anything to change my mind.

Now of course for us, and Norwich, teams on paper are no good because the game is played on grass. I’m fully aware that luck, injuries and form will play a very large role and as the season goes on these will inform opinions on whether we are achieving or not. As it stands though, without a ball being kicked that starting line up gives me huge optimism. I know that’s not encouraged by the select few on here and I need to frenziedly rock backwards and forwards when one of our multimillion full internationals wins a corner against Rotherham but I’m not that sort of person sorry.

You declared we had the best squad, said anything other than automatic promotion was failure and asked people to name a better squad to prove you wrong. You brought it up in this thread when you said you're still waiting for someone to name a better squad. All my cognitive bias no doubt.

Norwich have kept a majority of their team from last year. Don't know whether thats good or bad.

And usually my dreams for a great season are shattered about ten past three mid August!

The rest of your post just comes across like a deranged Donald Trump, whipping up imaginary opposition just to prove a point. You do it quite often.

;