Zeno Ibsen Rossi

A loan I can understand. A sale, at presumably peanuts prices, is disappointing.

On the flip side, it shows the club are confident of landing at least one or more defenders.

Can someone explain to me the logic of giving him a new one year deal and then letting him leave permanently a few weeks later?

Getting some money for him rather leaving on a free?
Cambridge will have played a very minimal fee for him you would imagine, we’ve had him on the pay roll for two extra weeks now so the money we make on him will be next to nothing. Are we really that desperate for cash?

I suspect he signed a new deal expecting to go on loan then Cambridge came in for him and he decided to go permanently rather than come back here. We probably put a decent sell on fee in the contract and let him go because we don't need the money now.

Can someone explain to me the logic of giving him a new one year deal and then letting him leave permanently a few weeks later?

Happy to help Waz. Keeping your options open is one. Second the compensation/transfer fee calculation for young players takes account of what they are paid.

Weren't half the team to blame for the Coventry goals?

Isn't just Zeno. Brennan Camp looked like a really good prospect, and he went to Eastleigh of all places. Maybe we're not paying them enough in the development squad. Maybe they also think that with us promoted, their chances of making the first team are non existent.
Killkenny messed up a clearance vs Coventry for sure

I liked camp - very composed displays although exposed at Norwich albeit it had the weakest team of the season.

I suppose players like Simpson cargill oforborh all got fed up of waiting for their chance

Killkenny messed up a clearance vs Coventry for sure

I liked camp - very composed displays although exposed at Norwich albeit it had the weakest team of the season.

I suppose players like Simpson cargill oforborh all got fed up of waiting for their chance

Seem to recall Davis messing up and Travers as well... and of course Jeff's red put us in that position in the first place.

Seem to recall Davis messing up and Travers as well... and of course Jeff's red put us in that position in the first place.
Don’t disagree - Stacey hospital pass to lerma . Re travers I was right in line with the cross/shot and the ball just took off in a wind gust so was unfortunate. Rossi made serval errors in that substitute cameo.

Don’t disagree - Stacey hospital pass to lerma . Re travers I was right in line with the cross/shot and the ball just took off in a wind gust so was unfortunate. Rossi made serval errors in that substitute cameo.

Stacey was partially to blame as he put Jeff in the bad position but Jeff didn't need to foul the opponent. It was very windy. I was right there behind the goal too. I thought Travs was slightly out of position. That's taking nothing away from his saves in the match of course.

I thought Zeno looked a good prospect, for a rookie in the matches he played in for us. Scott Parker saw him in training as well as matches, probably spoke to Cooper and Connell about him, had him assessed by Baby Fletch whilst on loan. I don't know of any other offers for him or if he's turned down loan options from Championship clubs but if he feels Cambridge United is his best option, that must be his current level. Hopefully, he works hard, stays injury free, gels with his manager's plans, then he'll be playing above League 1 in a couple of years : )

Good luck Zeno, I hope you have a, sort of, Vulcan career and "It lasts long and you prosper" : )

;