9 years ago today

That growing, building, indescribable wildfire of noise and spread of the news at the valley remains the most unique and unrepeatable of all the moments.

We also cracked open the Moet, spending the rest of the afternoon in the Falcon in Clapham. Three points on Saturday and it might just be a good way to celebrate the anniversary :grinning:
This is my abiding memory of the day too. That moment will live with me forever and still brings a tear to my eye.

This is my abiding memory of the day too. That moment will live with me forever and still brings a tear to my eye.
Likewise... even as I type this.
Also, the immediate doubt and flashbacks of Carlisle… I needed to get confirmation from a variety of sources before I was sure…
My son kept showing me his phone, which I think was the goal itself. I also needed confirmation and certainly needed the final whistle at Watford... then I remember seeing our bench and fringe players going mad and players still on the pitch openly celebrating while the game was still being played.

A rendition of "We won the league at The Valley..." is certainly called for on Saturday having just reached another new peak.

View attachment 14095

I believe this is just about the only photo that I haven't already shared from that day - that is, apart from the ones that are blurred from jumping up and down.
That was the day, Erik, my friend, that was the day that everything changed. Strangely, it seems a lot longer ago than some of your other ‘years ago’ posts. Keep them coming, enjoying them all

;