Absolutely Unfecking Believable !!!

You've just nailed it Paul.
Boy oh boy have we got something to look forward to this season!
Can the government abolish July this year and go straight to August?

...aaah Paul all those hours that you put in outside DC with your megaphone....and those darling ladies selling key rings to raise money (Hi Raffle Dawn!)....these are incredible times indeed!

I hope the BBC's news item contains a typo, or perhaps Ake is already putting pressure on the owners to get on with the stadium?

"The fan haven't seen the best of me yet."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40454293

EDIT - just seen Gary's post on the other thread. Great minds :)

Garbo - 30/6/2017 09:58

...aaah Paul all those hours that you put in outside DC with your megaphone....and those darling ladies selling key rings to raise money (Hi Raffle Dawn!)....these are incredible times indeed!

It was all the work that Paul did together with everyone else who helped in their own way to keep the Club alive in the dark days that laid the foundations for what we have today.

great new signing going to mean more bums on seats .............................................well might if we had some

Thanks Garbo and LewSwimmin for your kind words.

The girls and I 'did our bit' to collect the donations via the Player Raffle and its prizes produced by us and for us. It was the supporters who helped to save the club. The adults who bought tickets every home game, the juniors who donated their pocket money and the seniors who donated part of their pensions. The Playershare Ltd. shareholders and our corporate sponsors ( not many at the time), and our major benefactors with deep pockets ALL helped save our club.
To be able to make the latest signings is, of course, thanks to Max Demin, and is another major step in our wonderful journey so far.

paulfrank - 30/6/2017 14:14

Thanks Garbo and LewSwimmin for your kind words.

The girls and I 'did our bit' to collect the donations via the Player Raffle and its prizes produced by us and for us. It was the supporters who helped to save the club. The adults who bought tickets every home game, the juniors who donated their pocket money and the seniors who donated part of their pensions. The Playershare Ltd. shareholders and our corporate sponsors ( not many at the time), and our major benefactors with deep pockets ALL helped save our club.
To be able to make the latest signings is, of course, thanks to Max Demin, and is another major step in our wonderful journey so far.

Is he really digging into his own pocket, or is the Premier League income big enough to cover these fees / wages? Agreed, though, an amazing thing to witness after the struggles not so very long ago.

Max's ambition and pockets helped get us here (with no little skill from Howe of course!)

Since promotion I doubt Demin has had to shell out too much, between PL money and the American investment, I think he's able to a certain extent to sit back and allow the club to stand on its own feet.

Although the stadium would be an extraordinary one off amount, and another story all together, should we go for that.

My thinking as well nsm, wouldn't be anywhere near here if Demin hadn't shelled out top dollar on Lovell/Tubbs/Pugh etc to get us here. Also the stadium would be abig investment but he was happy to build one at his german club, and we seem to be more successful than they were, so I've every confidence it will happen

;