Another week. Another crystal clear penalty not given.

never heard of pgmol
don't think there has been a downward trend in refs performances.

What is PGMOL responsible for?
Formed in 2001 to improve refereeing standards, the PGMOL group officiate across all the Premier League, English Football League (EFL) and Football Association (FA) Competitions – all three organisations fund it.

https://www.premierleague.com/referees

The question is not about downward or no worse, it is whether standards are IMPROVING. interesting that the refereeing experts/apologists/realists haven't caught up with the news from 2001....

or really don't care too much. Barry Knight upset me once, and I can remember the furore over Ray Tinkler, as my brother was quite upset. Talking of Leeds, where is red_house?

It appears you've been harbouring this grudge for seventeen years. Honestly, there really are other things to worry about.

It’s only the decisions you don’t get that you remember...

Fraser, Smith, Wilson and Pugh have all been excellent for us at going down at a drop of a hat, particularly in that championship season. That’s fine...it’s part and parcel of the game.

There is no refereeing conspiracy against Bournemouth...speak to fans of other clubs and they will tell you that referees are biased against them...even the big six...Liverpool fans have blamed refs for years...so has Mourinho when at both his big six clubs.

They can’t be biased against everyone...

...referees are human and shouldn't be hammered in the media by pundits constantly...they get more right than they do wrong...it is annoying when decisions don't go your way, but we are all biased to our team. It is what makes football such an unpredictable and fascinating game..

I do recall the Tinkler incident for WBA at Leeds in the 70's...and Revie marching on the pitch like god tring to change the refs decsion to allow an offside goal which hurt Lids Championship bid...

Also recall Clive Thomas disallowing a goal that was scored from a corner in The World Cup as he blew for time whilst the ball was in the air!

I agree with goalline technology...but everything else should be left to the referee and not complicated by VAR and the debating...

IF we could eliminate cheating from players it would help the cause too!

I think there's total agreement on that - not heard anyone say it wasn't

mark pike - 5/3/2018 13:05

Sky’s Ref Watch view is a second clear penalty on the Daniels foul

Gallagher also said Steve Cook should have had a red card for being last man. I still don't agree, unless Vardy was going directly forwards, where he wouldn't have been caught. However, he checked back inside Cook [ or was trying to ], where Ake was speeding back and I'm pretty sure would have been able to tackle Vardy.

redharry - 4/3/2018 16:02

dont forget the deliberate handball by Morgan to stop Pughs goalbound shot at home to Leicester. could have donethe double over them

It was Danny Simpson.

Sorry! I can't help being pedantic!

I think it was purely the view he had of the incident, nothing more sinister - he was looking from the "wrong" side, with several players in the way - as simple as that

AFCB have been sent 'a report' from the officials that admits we should have been given a second penalty against Leicester. Howe reckons the fact it would have been our second was probably why it wasn't given.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/16077923.Report_confirms_Cherries_should_have_had_a_second_penalty_at_Leicester/

Wasn't it earlier this year that Jon Moss apologized for a call regarding Adam Smith - a foul that wasn't? I suppose we got lucky v. West Ham, but two flagrant errors admitted in one season - any precedent for that?

;