Captain tommy

Ignore the clickbait headline and you'll see the regard the press up there hold him in. Pretty certain he'll be the skipper there in every way, hope they do well, that'll be weird, will have Villa as my little team

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-exclusive-leaving-bournemouth-11588768

He is on the Legends wall behind the East Stand as well now,it's going to be strange not having him next season....

Or is could be the "Playing a side that's gone bust three times and is in the 6th tier of the league." effect.

WIKI

"Financial troubles and bankruptcy

During the 2006–2007 season, 'Grazer AK' went into administration. The club was docked 28 points as a result. In the 2007–2008 season, the club was not allowed to participate in the professional leagues and was relegated to the Austrian Regional League Central.[1] After a second bankruptcy, the club managed to achieve a settlement and accommodation with its creditors in September 2008, ensuring its survival. Soon after, the club started having difficulties again after it never recovered for its relegation to the Regionalliga Mitte and eventually was dissolved in 2012.

New start[edit]

A phoenix club was set up by the fans soon after the club was dissolved in 2012 called Grazer AC and started from the bottom tier. On 14 March 2014 Grazer AC at an extraordinary meeting was considered to be a continuation of the original "GAK" in agreement with its umbrella association.[2] Currently they are in the 6th tier of the football pyramid. "

That could have been us.
Still could be.

I think he's going to have a job (football wise) living upto all the talk & general hype about his move. The Villa fans will be expecting great things - can he deliver on the pitch? Will be interesting

wellsworld - 10/7/2016 12:02
I think he's going to have a job (football wise) living upto all the talk & general hype about his move. The Villa fans will be expecting great things - can he deliver on the pitch? Will be interesting
The root of Villa's problems is off the pitch.

Sure, Tommy has to be competent as a player but, I believe, Villa's new management wanted and bought a leader.

Villa's PL side was full of C U Next Tuesdays when they really needed some model pros.

Now they might have a management team who won't tolerate the bullsh't, and the fans clearly want a Captain who'll make other players account for their behaviour, both on and off the field.

Tommy's task is far bigger than just playing well.

;