Votes: 2 3.1%
  • 4th December 2016 (Liverpool H)

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • It's Yet To Come

Votes: 15 23.4%

• Total voters

davidwhitehead

Fans' Favourite
So many fantastic memories to look back on, particularly at this time of year. Eddie's Finest Hour.....well, what do YOU think ?

Last edited:
Getting that team promoted whilst under a transfer embargo where we regularly had to play players out of position as there was simply nobody else... I don't think it can be topped. It was simply a phenomenal achievement.

This season has shown how much it can impact when you're short on numbers.

We may have played better in other seasons, scored more goals or bloodied bigger noses but for me this was the sign that he was something special.

Yes it is Mark !
The Championship season just pips it for me - the way we played , the constant “ tinpot and you aren’t allowed in the Premiergreed with such a small ground “ sniping from the entitled “ mega clubs “ fans as we marched on to the title , superb .

Put my vote for the Bolton game where we were promoted in front of our regular fans, a good number who couldn’t make it to the Valley to see us win the title.

Yes it is Mark !
The Championship season just pips it for me - the way we played , the constant “ tinpot and you aren’t allowed in the Premiergreed with such a small ground “ sniping from the entitled “ mega clubs “ fans as we marched on to the title , superb .
Have to say, I don't think that season can ever be beaten.....the rampant football, the results and the finish......feel very privileged to of been around to of seen it

It would be interesting to ask him. I’m unsure as to what was the hardest achievement between staying up in first season, the league two promotion, the championship promotion or staying up first season in top flight. Hard to call between all those. My suspicion is the staying up turnaround was technically the hardest but they are all incredible achievements

If it's just the game against Grimsby, there were more important results that season. Ultimately the Grimsby result didn't even matter.

In terms of season successes, it's probably neck and neck staying up both 2008-09 and 2015-16 but really you could add 3 other seasons into that probably.

Staying up from minus 17 is in my view the most imprtant achievement as if we had been relegated from the football league, I think we would have had to start the club again. However the finest achievement IMO as to be pronotion to the Premier League, I don't think any supporter honestly ever thought that would happen

Isn't it this?

I'd say his 'management' of Harry, the club and the supporters at that time transcends anything he's achieved on the pitch.

View attachment 3144
So much this. My favourite ever AFCB photo and a snapshot of a wonderful time in our history (in terms of togetherness, of teamwork, of a squad that had work so hard. Obviously excluding the hardship Harry was facing).

Sadly this photo feels as if it's been tainted a bit by how Harry's moved on but that exact moment and finding out after the game why it had happened.... Best club in the world.

Any long term fan would vote for the Bolton game.
Nobody could believe after all those years down the bottom that we were about to reach the top league.

I’ve voted for promotion from League One. Not because I truly believe it was. Just because it didn’t have a single vote and the turn around and run of half a season was a hugely underrated achievement.

;