eh to succeed wenger at arsenal, eventually

yesyescherry

UTC Legend
is the latest eh related gossip

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/533289/Arsenal-news-Eddie-Howe-Arsene-Wenger-Premier-League-rumours-gossip

Been banging on about this for a while but I believe Arsenal is the one job (apart from England) that fits for Eddie. We should all be hoping that by some miracle Wenger decides to carry on for more years and even more unlikely, manages to be successful this season.

Unfortunately after a long dynasty ends the next manager faces a daunting challenge of changing the club. Better to get the Arsenal job after wenger's first replacement has left. I still think a top club like Arsenal will worry about his lack of euro experience and see it as a gamble on their top four ambitions. Big season for Eddie this season to see how well he does against top sides. Continued four or five goal defeats will be a black mark against his future credentials.

The problem with these very high profile jobs is that if you don't provide real success quite quickly you are shown the door. If Eddie were to stay at AFCB for ten years he could consolidate his success here, perhaps win a trophy or two - perhaps see a new stadium or major redevelopment - and take the club forward to being the 'Monaco' of English football. He would still only be 48 and then still plenty of time to play Russian Roulette with Arsenal, England and whoever else may be interested in spinning the barrel.

I would avoid the Arsenal job like the plague if following Wenger. Look at what happened to Moyes at Man U. Expectations would be way to high for the next manager.

USCherry - 29/7/2016 02:38

I would avoid the Arsenal job like the plague if following Wenger. Look at what happened to Moyes at Man U. Expectations would be way to high for the next manager.

The difference between the two is that Fergie wrung all he could out of his squad and opverachieved with them.

Arsenal have been underacheiving for years due to Wenger not addressing a couple of positions season after season.

I think Arsenal are more easily fixable than Man Utd were when Fergie left.

We live in what is now the 9th largest Primary Urban Area (notional city) in England, the third largest with only one League Club within it, and the second largest PUA after Teesside with a single club currently in the Premier League.

There is no reason at all, if the club is properly managed in all departments, that it cannot be one of the major teams in England capable of competing with the best for major honours in the future.

I would like to see Eddie stay for the duration and make this happen, and to emulate and exceed what Ted Bates did for the Saints. When he took over at the Dell both clubs were in the old Third division.

Developing a bigger and better stadium is of course key to the club continuing to progress.

;