Euro's - The verdict

AlGard

UTC Legend
Started off with all the hooligan trouble instigated by the Russian's, but met with boozed up English fans.

England were dire, even in the win against Wales.

Still thought Germany were the best side there.

Portugal were just like Greece in 2004, winning only one game in regular time, and extremely boring.

Wales did the UK proud.

The bonne hommie of the fans shone through from the last 16.

France were too cocky in the final, they really thought they had it in the bag.

24 teams was too many, and the quality of the football was a bit lacking at times.

Hungary 3 Portugal 3 was the game of the tournament.

Platini didn't get an invite to the final.

The security was a pain in the butt, but generally was OK.

But best of all, despite all the doom before it started, it passed off peacefully.

7/10

It's going to be a long 5 weeks before we kick off. Missing football already.

It was an okay tournament, but there was a real lack of quality teams, which is how we ended up with Portugal winning. Germany, France and Italy played well a couple of times, but were not able to do it consistently.

The draw for the knockout stages was imbalanced. If England had won their group they would have been in Portugal's half of the draw - they will literally never have a better chance of winning a major tournament than this. As always, nobody missed them when they were gone.

I think it's about time we did the full 'Great British' team thing for all competitions ......

........... and then not pick any Scottish players.

Thanks for doing the Euro comp Al.

4/10 for me. Sterile football, big stars didn't turn up and too many defensive sides contributing to boring matches. Glad it's over.

As I have been in Lisbon for a music festival and was out I the city last night it was a great thing to see so many Portugese celebrating in the streets and squares!....but the tournament,net was awful and got the winner it deserved!...

Fair play to Wales and Northern Ireland they put our superstars to shame....thought Italy looked good...Germans flattered to deceive and the French were too complacent....hooray for a physical Iclelandic team who did well...Spain awful...Croatia poor...and I don't remember much else!

Garbo - 11/7/2016 17:39

As I have been in Lisbon for a music festival and was out I the city last night it was a great thing to see so many Portugese celebrating in the streets and squares!....but the tournament,net was awful and got the winner it deserved!...

Fair play to Wales and Northern Ireland they put our superstars to shame....thought Italy looked good...Germans flattered to deceive and the French were too complacent....hooray for a physical Iclelandic team who did well...Spain awful...Croatia poor...and I don't remember much else!

Northern Ireland were dreadful.

I spent 9 days in France, and attended 3 games - Austria vs Hungary, Italy vs Sweden and Spain vs Croatia - I had a great time - fans were friendly, great atmosphere at the games.

Not so great watching on tv when I got back. I actually think it got worse after the group games - once it got to the knock out stages, it went downhill.

I just like to watch football, so I enjoyed it a lot. Sorry. I didn't see every game but of those I did see, only a couple bored me. It may not be the best tournament ever, admittedly but there was plenty of entertaining matches, lots of entertaining fans and a clutch of memorable goals.

Portugal were strange - early on, I really didn't think they deserved to go through but I thought they were very good in the last two games. While one stat shows they only won one game in 90 minutes, the flip side shows they didn't get beat in 90 or 120 minutes either. So they obviously found a way through!

I'll say....7/10 overall....

It was pants, the French were terrible hosts and security was lacklustre. The football was turgid and the path to the final was hideously lopsided.

Wales was the only team in the gauntlet of mediocrity that Portugal beat in 90 minutes.

Wales were the only team England beat too :)

I enjoyed quite a few games in the group stages, but missed a few of the final group games and a lot of the next round.

Overall not a great tournament, but add being unemployed and available to watch a lot of games with the fact Boscombe could buy many of those players AND offer them a payrise it was all a bit different!

On the plus side, at least the final was won by a moment of real quality.

;