Football League World Top 10 Strikers in last 20 years.

“Before we start this list, it is worth noting the likes of Jo Kuffour, Wes Thomas, Benik Afobe and Glenn Murray are worthy of a mention as contenders for a place in the top 10. “

Nearly lost me with that sentence.

Wilson is obviously a club legend at this point, but looking back I'd say Yann was more important in terms of getting us promoted. Without him I'm not sure the team would have functioned the same way. The season before Grabban got something like 25 league goals; would have been interesting to see if we'd still have gotten promoted with Grabban/Yann as the main partnership? I reckon we would have tbh.

However, you can also throw in that Wilson was younger, got over 40 PL goals, England caps and goals and is still there, whereas Grabban was a failure in the PL for 2 clubs. So definitely made the right signing :grinning:

My Top 5 would probably be
1. Wilson
2. Pitman
3. King
4. Yann
5. Hayter

Wilson is obviously a club legend at this point, but looking back I'd say Yann was more important in terms of getting us promoted. Without him I'm not sure the team would have functioned the same way. The season before Grabban got something like 25 league goals; would have been interesting to see if we'd still have gotten promoted with Grabban/Yann as the main partnership? I reckon we would have tbh.

However, you can also throw in that Wilson was younger, got over 40 PL goals, England caps and goals and is still there, whereas Grabban was a failure in the PL for 2 clubs. So definitely made the right signing :grinning:

My Top 5 would probably be
1. Wilson
2. Pitman
3. King
4. Yann
5. Hayter

Grabban's best season, was when he was on penalties instead of Pitman. Had it been Pitman taking penalties, then Pitman would have finished one goal ahead of Grabban (assuming the same conversion rate)

;