Gary Cahill

simonhpieman

Star Player
Is he still anywhere near the England set up? If he is, our chances in the Summer are already down the toilet. VERY slow. Made Miles Addison look like a first class sprinter.

Yeah, he's dropped off considerably. He has always seemed to have saved a good performance for us, which I found frustrating and confusing, but couldn't quite manage it last night. In fact the whole Chelsea defence looked very sluggish but I can't tell if it was more to do with Callum's bionic knees.

He had involvement in all 3 of our goals. The 3rd was almost entirely his fault. He stood and watched Ake as he ran past him to score and then had the cheek to turn and call for an offside. It wasnt as if it happened behind him. Terrible reaction speed/decision making.

Its not a one off either. He has been poor all season which is a shame......for England.

Like Chambers and Holding for Arsenal, Wilson just makes defenders (who are admittedly nothing special) look downright bad.

Surely the only reason to sign a player like Cahill is if Cookie is leaving?

If we’re playing with 4 at the back I’m happy with Kelly, Cook, Mepham and Ibsen Rossi as our CB options, especially after the latter two’s positive start to the season.

The only thing stopping CCV moving to us is Spurs’ asking price. The more stories there are linking us to (much) cheaper CB options, the more pressure there is for Spurs to drop their price as the window begins to close.

Expect a lot more stories linking us to CBs in the next couple of weeks.

Two seasons ago Cahill would have been an alright option I think but not now. Think we're better off going for someone younger and with lower salary expectations.

Having seen us target Cahill so successfully on multiple occasions the past, I'd be a bit nervous. Other clubs would do just the same, all be it with Championship attackers not PL attackers.

No doubt some experience is needed around the club, in the dressing room etc. It would be a lot of wage to pay for it though. Cook should be back soon. We do need another CB but I'd rather get someone with a longer term view.

This one I don't understand unless S Cook is on the way out.

Or perhaps they have a loan lined up for Ibsen Rossi where he'll get 40+ starts. One year deal for Cahill in the meantime.

You wouldn't want to see Cook and Cahill partnering each other too often, as I'd fancy my chances out-running that defence. Guessing it will be a combo of one old head and one younger Kelly/Mepham/Rossi.

;