I’m Glad we Don’t Have to Play Chelsea for at Least a Week.

tednphil

UTC Legend
After giving Seaweed a hammering at weekend, Chelsea have started their cup tie v Arsenal in same impressive manner.
One up after 6 mins.

I don't think we'll be getting any luck against them, pretty sure Chelsea must have used up a huge amount of their 'bad luck' quota on that goal...

TrueCherry - 24/1/2018 20:29

Willian off injured. Possibly miss next week?

Looks like a hamstring pull. That's a bonus for us. We now need a sending off or two in these next two games and a few more injuries.

Someone get the spell book out.

Could be a very good time to play Chelsea next week. We'll be fresh and raring to go, they have another draining cup tie this weekend. And Conte is obviously fed up and looking to move.

This is our chance !

Garbo - 24/1/2018 22:16

....think Conte will probably rest players in the cup and put out his strongest side v us

Why, they've blown the league, but should be a shoe in for Champions League.

he might just want/need some silverware.

I never rejoice over players being injured or wish it but Willian being injured tonight gives us a better chance as the guy has crazy talent, a right little pocket battleship, who has done major damage to us and other suspect defences - Contes can-opener in effect!

Ken Baileys Ghost - 25/1/2018 01:34

Garbo - 24/1/2018 22:16

....think Conte will probably rest players in the cup and put out his strongest side v us

Why, they've blown the league, but should be a shoe in for Champions League.

he might just want/need some silverware.

Considering they've drawn Barca I think the team getting shoed in will be Chelsea!

BillMcgarrycherry - 24/1/2018 23:53

I never rejoice over players being injured or wish it but Willian being injured tonight gives us a better chance as the guy has crazy talent, a right little pocket battleship, who has done major damage to us and other suspect defences - Contes can-opener in effect!

If I had to choose a favourite non Afcb player I would opt for Willian. Such an amazing talent.

AFCBade - 25/1/2018 08:13

BillMcgarrycherry - 24/1/2018 23:53

If I had to choose a favourite non Afcb player I would opt for Willian. Such an amazing talent.

I'm surprised he doesn't start every week at Chelsea - you are right Bill, he is an amazing talent.

Quite right about Willian - and testimony to how well we played in the cup game at Stamford Bridge that he didn't make much of an impact on the night. He played the full 90 minutes and couldn't break through, especially during a superb second-half show from us.

Thought that half was one of our best performances in the past three years - so frustrating to concede the winner after all that effort. More of that and we can win next week.

;