Are we capable of playing the Iraola way?

I agree with most of this completely.

However, who is the option on the bench to challenge Solanke? Moore has shown that he simply isn’t a premier league player. Semenyo is more of a winger and Kluivert hasn’t exactly shone either. We simply have no one to challenge Dom’s position in the team and so he has less pressure to perform because he will still start every game because there is no alternative
I agree with you and whilst my thoughts on Solanke are well known I have to agree that at the moment he is all we have . That doesn't mean that we can't try Semenyo upfront. We have nothing to lose. For all my negative comments about Doms scoring ability he is a tryer and without the right support creating chances his slim chance of scoring gets even slimmer. How we are in this situation after the summer beggars belief. An attacker was, or should have been ,.priority but it wasn't addressed. Once Everton scored there was no way back for us. Other than Tav I can't think of anyone who is capable of scoring at the moment and unfortunately that includes Phil who is so obviously playing in the wrong position. Ironically we had a winger with PL experience and goal scoring experience who is capable of playing 90 minutes but is now playing his trade at Elland Rd in exchange for a bloke who is playing just a few minutes. Another strange decision by the recruitment team.

That's Hughes for overseeing a pile of crap signings.

You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd.

Hughes recommended Iraola too so whether it's the signings or the manager its down to him. Foley has said he's going to develop a proper scouting network so you'd think he'll be overhauling all of that anyway.

It was brain-dead to sign a player that no one else would touch because of injury issues, especially in a absolutely critical position where we have no back up
Spot on although there were many on this forum who were slavering over the Scott signing and, to a lesser extent, the Adams one. Bloody madness to sign injured players when we knew there was a massive ‘Lerma’ type hole to fill. Adams injury history alone was a massive red flag!
Traore and Dango also very expensive signings who have added little if anything to the squad.

Letting lerma go and failing to replace him is absolutely criminal
How could we stop him going? We tried to get him to extend. He wanted a change and that's that. The problem and I agree with you on this part is that we should have instantly replaced him. Players like Ethan Ampadu or Issac Hayden would have been better than Cook and Billing as defensive midfielders I think.. at least as squad players until someone stronger came in.

Spot on although there were many on this forum who were slavering over the Scott signing and, to a lesser extent, the Adams one. Bloody madness to sign injured players when we knew there was a massive ‘Lerma’ type hole to fill. Adams injury history alone was a massive red flag!
Traore and Dango also very expensive signings who have added little if anything to the squad.
Traore has to be the worst of the bunch. I've barely noticed him when he's been on the pitch since he's been here. What does he offer???

Traore hasn't had much of a chance although there must be a reason why he's never chosen... you'd think?

How could we stop him going? We tried to get him to extend. He wanted a change and that's that. The problem and I agree with you on this part is that we should have instantly replaced him. Players like Ethan Ampadu or Issac Hayden would have been better than Cook and Billing as defensive midfielders I think.. at least as squad players until someone stronger came in.
If we want to buy Adams with a eye to a future fine but at least sign an actual CDM, maybe a older player with lots of experience to fill the immediate gap while Adams recovers

The players just seem to be stumbling around in the dark,no leader and no cohesion if they do decide to part ways with the manager who's to replace him? Every game we attended we're wondering what 11are going to turn up and what system they are playing I know it's still early in the season and maybe give him time but I'm sure if things continue fans will start voting with their feet.

Foley doesn’t strike me as a guy with a whole lot of patience. Best guess is that he’s already casting around for a replacement and Iraola could be back on his way to Spain within weeks.

Both the owner and the manager are conplete fucktards.

They make Eddie, Young Tom and Narrow Diamond Groves look like the greatest Football brains of all time.

I never said a bad word against Maxim and the luscious Mrs M, but ffs the septic and his crew are pure poison to our club.

It's the Recruitment that is the overriding main problem !
How can it not be ?.... their latest charges mauled by mucking Everton who lost last week at home to rootin' tootin' on the road lootin' Luton.

You just knew it was gonna be Aunt Sally Boscombe who offered the Stickies a way out !

Oh bugger bugger bugger .

There are so many players I am still waiting to see something, anything from to prove they add to our quality.

The reality is that our recruitment team has managed to spend a fortune over the past 3 seasons weakening the team. And since they still have jobs, they don't seem to be held accountable at all.

Aarons and Kerkhez might end up being alright, but neither are there yet. Tavernier is the only player who could possibly be argued as an upgrade signing in terms of quality.

And the lesson from this sorry situation is clearly never again sack a successful AFCB manager in the Premier League. GoN organised, motivated and got results from this same squad, and is now prospering at Wolves. The arrogant and classless way we dispensed with O'Neil is now rebounding on us big time. Look back at the last few years where Prem clubs have arrogantly jettisoned 'unfashionable' managers in favour of a big name. Managers such as Steve Cooper and David Moyes could easily have been replaced with managers ending with an A or an I but their owners have wisely stuck with them. You could also argue that dismissals of managers such as Dean Smith (Villa), Hasenhuttl, Bielsa, Nuno (Wolves) and Dyche (Burnley) all had destabising effects on each club and, for most of these, ultimately led to relegation. Clearly there are examples of the opposite happening....Bruce for Howe, and Vierra for Hodgson.....but ultimately, unless a club is staring relegation in the face, sacking a competent manager who is not underperforming carries great risk, particularly in such a ruthless league as the Premier. As for Iraola, its still far too early to press the panic button. He needs until Xmas at least to give his philosophy a go, otherwise I think we risk just making the current situation worse and sending us into a tailspin towards the Championship.

;