List of supporters pilloried by players

northstand pundit

First Team
I cant think of any although Callum Wilson hit me on the head with an errant half time warm up shot which I headed ten rows back in to the North stand. Not pilloried but poleaxed

Also remember Steve Robinson having a right go at the bloke in front of me in B Block who shouted at him to "pass the bloody ball"!

A couple that happened near me in the East Stand - Junior Stanislas gave the fans a 'hand signal' the other week. Tyrone Mings sprayed some disabled fans with water when he was playing for Ipswich.

....recall a few years back at an end of season dinner, when there was an auction of players kit etc ( I got Shwan Jalal's signed GK gloves!)..I was talking with Brett Pitman who was really upset that his signed football boots had only been sold in the auction for the same price as I paid for Jalal's used gloves (£60)...he was moaning that the boots actually cost more to buy and they should have got more for them!

Not forgetting Alan Connell having a crack at someone behind the goal, after scoring against Burton when we were promoted.

West Moors Cherry - 8/3/2018 14:20

Didn't Danny Hollands once have a row with one or two of ours at Accrington?

Then of course there was Cambridge away :-(

Yeah, bald Phil got some poo back after giving him some poo at a throw in, admittedly Danny did apologise and offer a free ticket for next game. Though I doubt Phil was going to miss out anyway he was at around seven years full attendance at the time

Back in the 70's in the old 'New Stand', just after half time a visiting defender leathered the ball straight at me. It hit my hand in which was a polystyrene cup of tomato soup. My brand new Burton's coat was covered in the orange stuff! :sick:

Steve Robinson cupping his ear to the South Stand?

Stan Bowles once made a 'Stanislas' at me early seventies, but I might have said something to upset him ;-)

In the 80's I watched on old boy in B block berating Keith Miller

Mostly repeating "You're rubbish Miller"

It went on for ages, until Miller eventually snapped.

There was a shouting match, a bit of 'offering out', and then Keith Miller started to climb over the hoarding

The stewards and others stepped in to stop a full-on scuffle between the two.

Happy days.

;