Monday Morning - the sun is shining

ErikthViking

UTC Legend
Just like it did last Monday after the world was perfect following the Amex Stad Massacre and equally the same after the Burnley no show a fortnight back.

Perhaps I have been a supporter too long. I really do not care much for the woe-is-us, euphoria, woe-is-us merry-go-round that follows each individual result.

Perhaps I have been a supporter too long to get affected by individual ups and downs or perhaps I accept the words of Rudyard Kipling, "If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster and treat those two impostors just the same."

Well, Saturday really was not good. But it wasn't complete shíte like against Burnley. Had we taken our chances we would have won. Fulham could not score from open play.

Thanks to Cardiff's result yesterday, we are in the Premier League next season with the TV crock of Gold. With our crappy ground we are tinpot, punching above our weight and yet somehow mixing it with the elite.

I did not read any threads over the weekend and avoided Facebook (which makes this forum seem very subdued). Everyone should be allowed their say and to argue one way or another, but all I am interested in now, despite the two terrible home results, is beating the Scummers on Sat.

We sold out St Fairies long ago and, surely, Palace will too. Two matches that, if we give our players the best support which we are able, we can give end on a bit of a high. I also think that now is a good time to get our first victory over Spurs.

I haven't kept the line below this post all these years without believing in it

Well you are correct. There are probably about 12 teams in the PL that at the start of the season would happily accept 41 points with 3 games left. Next season will be the same.
I don't fear next season as some seem to think. We have been dealt an horrific season injury wise that has had a major impact on our end placing. Start with a clean slate and let's get off to a flyer next season like we did this.
I think we may lose an established player but we are overdue that, lets buy in another "Brooks" type gem and move on.

The excitement level before each game hasnt diminished since we got into the top half of the Championship....for me, and I guess surely everyone else! We get annoyed slightly with the Tinpot label.... its true in one sense.....but also provides a measurement device for our achievements against those clubs of higher resources.
Our revered manager makes some mistakes, just as does Mr Pep, Mr Klopp and others. He can only work with what is there.....and key players will get injured or hit a patch of bad form.
We had some crazy results.... ranging from Chelsea, that other beach , Watford away...to Burnley, but thats the Ups and Downs you can get in mid- table PL !

Eddie Howe is bright enough to know he will have to adjust his strategy sometimes to survive and prosper ! All we can do is support and take it in our stride!
Oh God we are practiced enough at that!...
Two heavy interest games coming up with no fear attached...weve never had it so good!

Last edited:

;