Non - Barrie Masters

Saw them several times - including supporting Stiff Little Fingers earlier this year.
It was billed as their last tour - the "Done everything we wanted to do" tour.

Great frontman, great fun live.

RIP indeed

...at the time though Eddie and The Hot Rods were a bit more pop punk, but a great energetic tune all the same RIP fella

Blimey. Played the Live At The Marquee ep only the other day. Absolute classic. Saw them live at the town hall supported by Rikki And The Cufflinks. They were great. Incredible energy and some great tunes. RIP.

A sad day, another little bit of my youth gone.

Great clip Rob.:clap:

A different manager and these guys could have been at the forefront of punk.

All the right cords and lyrics, just the wrong hair and clothes.

Last edited:
One of those bands that I lost count of how many times I have seen them and it is no exaggeration to say that I listen to EHR at least once a month. In a former life, I used to play this tune and others from Life on the Line as my get out of work on Friday afternoons soundtrack.

Can't imagine Barrie Masters resting in peace.

I have been thinking for a while that although many of us are in the same age band and do share love of music, it goes to show how we "grew up" on different stuff. I see this often on the NEJ. I had to look this band up, see that they toured with the Ramones and Talking Heads, but never "hit" over here. Am watching Ken Burns' new anthology on Country Music (he did wonderful stuff on Baseball and the Civil War ... separate anthologies!) and it drives home how localized to North America was most of that music that I remember from my early days.

Saw Barrie and his Hot Rods play a show at the short lived Thomas Tripp Late And Live venue in Christchurch around a decade ago. There were a handful of people present but he still put on great performance. R.I.P.

;