Non - Danny Rose

billythekid

UTC Legend
Plays most of his football in the Uk and it is probably a minority of countries where this exists, so is he being a bit ott or not?

Interesting what he says about fines and what he spends on a night out in London.

Tottenham defender Danny Rose says he "can't wait to see the back of football" and is frustrated at the lack of action taken against fans' racism.

Racist chanting was directed at several England players, including Rose, during the Euro 2020 qualifier in Montenegro.

Uefa has charged Montenegro with racist behaviour but Rose, 28, does not expect a significant punishment.

The left-back said: "When countries get fined what I probably spend on a night out in London what do you expect?"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47819994

I don't think anyone could disagree that the governing authorities could do more to tackle and punish incidents as they occur.

Different parts of the world are going to have different wider societal standards and norms around what is acceptable, so it's up to the governing authorities to set the standard and set the example where football is concerned.

I don't think it'll do Rose's point much good saying he's fed up being a professional footballer, getting paid so much he's able to spend the equivalent to the fine the national bodies often receive on a night out in London. Not a good quote. Surely he has media people around him who could help him get his message out more effectively?

it's very hard to put your self in someone else's shoes. who know what goes on in his life, and what sort of vitriol he receives. I mean, Jezza is an all round good guy - and look at the flack he gets! ;)

getting paid so much he's able to spend the equivalent to the fine the national bodies often receive on a night out in London. Not a good quote.

Yeah, his whole argument gets derailed by that quote.

I'm sure most reading it would be thinking they'd happily have a stadium of people chanting racist abuse for 90 minutes a week for the kind of riches that means you splash £50k an average night out.

We have to be very careful about thinking that football racism only happens in countries east of the UK. I lent my stepson my season ticket a couple of years ago and there was racist talk behind him during the match, he was upset but didn't know what to do. I should perhaps explain that someone had been selling their tickets on and we sometimes had away supporters behind us but that seems to have been sorted now.

But no, he is not being OTT. The trouble is, for me anyway, is the review of the Montenegro match isn't until May by which time everyone will have had time to get their excuses in order.

I don't think anyone could disagree that the governing authorities could do more to tackle and punish incidents as they occur.

Different parts of the world are going to have different wider societal standards and norms around what is acceptable, so it's up to the governing authorities to set the standard and set the example where football is concerned.

I don't think it'll do Rose's point much good saying he's fed up being a professional footballer, getting paid so much he's able to spend the equivalent to the fine the national bodies often receive on a night out in London. Not a good quote. Surely he has media people around him who could help him get his message out more effectively?

Why should he dress his message up in media friendly terms? He's complaining about a completely unrelated problem. Do we only take it seriously if people act in a humble way to help us view them as someone who doesn't deserve it?

John Barnes has talked much sense on the subject but is now going into overdrive and dragging in other subjects...bringing more attention to the subject than it deserves, ramping it up....less intelligent orators join in, such as Rose, touching onto their spending etc. The best thing they can do is Ignore......if not it will get worse. The intelligence level of 5 to 10% of all football crowds will ensure that!
But if you look at the big picture ...its only East Euro crowds and Italy where a large problem exists...we should refuse to play in those places until things change....!

;