Non - General Practice/NHS Is In Crisis

Good luck trying to see one of them is all I'll say. Once you do get that referral onwards, I found it business as usual in the NHS as ever it has been. Just seems to be GPs that are a bottleneck and more difficult than ever to deal with.

Thanks, it is interesting to hear that perspective and that it is intentional. If that could be communicated to the public more formally so that we understand, that would prevent a lot of frustration I think.

your reply seems to assume that all doctors surgeries work in the same way - whereas in fact they are all disparate "businesses" - the whole thing stinks as far as I'm concerned

Last edited:
I will put my head above the parapet, I'm a GP Practice Manager and have been for just over 10 years, COVID has shown a lot of GP Practices how they can now deliver a service using telephone triage and remote video options.

I started at my new practice this time last year, changed the appointments system to include more face to face appointments with telephone triage as the first contact. Our patients (in Govan) have embraced the changes and whilst they get annoyed sometimes, generally understand the new way of working. General Practice will never go back to the pre-COVID way of working.
GPs receive funding for each patient registered ?
If the GPs are spending less time with their patient where is te funding being spent ?
The GP role should be as much about prevention as treatment.

Generally found that the NHS in clinics and hospitals works fairly well. It's probably some GP practices are not as well run as they could be. Some individual GPS seem to be under strain, the one who shouted at me seemed to think everything could be done on the phone but a lot of diagnosis is decided by actually seeing the patient and how they are presenting themselves.

The idea ..the Tory idea . .is that it will be a totally private concern one day.. so they want it to go into full on disarray as soon as possible....then the investors will find it easier to get their Yankee feet in the door....with the Tory help of course.
But there are plenty of w@nkers that don't want us to be British any more. .totally raped of all our Nationalised industries....Railways are doing well though eh. f√cking Eh?

Darn! Boris and Carrie only have 6 more Thursdays to stand in Downing Street and give our N.H.S. heroes a hearty clap. Is that going to be enough to save it? or does he need to send Dido Harding in or the Army?
Still, at least RishLiz Trusak can blame the previous regime : )

12 Tory years have left social care, NHS and welfare state in tatters.
Deliberate. Cameron's plan was to outsource all social care so LAs were commissioners not providers. That included child protection. Brexit threw that off course a bit. Now they have become focused on fear and isolationism. Truss and Sunak trying to out evil each other. If ever we needed a summer of civil unrest it's now.

To be fair and balanced Blair promoted PFI and the country is still paying the price

Safe in Our Hands anyone.

If carlsberg did hypocrisy....

Darn! Boris and Carrie only have 6 more Thursdays to stand in Downing Street and give our N.H.S. heroes a hearty clap. Is that going to be enough to save it? or does he need to send Dido Harding in or the Army?
Still, at least RishLiz Trusak can blame the previous regime : )

Is that Rishi "Boris is a remarkable man... Is he flawed? Yes. And so are the rest of us." Sunak or Liz “I wanted Boris to carry on as prime minister” Truss?

I agree though, I'm sure the narrative will change once it's about saving their own skins.

;