Non- West Ham

blandford_cherry

UTC Legend
Hefty fine, playing behind closed doors or points deduction? Or nothing?!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43358711?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

Anyone remember the 'sit down in the centre-circle' protest during Tony Pulis' reign?

IMHO, so many clubs have been sold pups when it comes to having new stadiums. 'We must move on' is the mantra, but in reality it seems to be all about capturing the corporate market. Keep it nice and safe, and lets use the fans to hold up plastic sheets or wave flags.

If some kids want to wave a flag or hold a plastic sheet and smile, what's the problem? Some folk just never smile, nor do their kids.

I'm sure people will do so dibby, but I'm not really talking about kids. If thats their thing then good for them!

I'm sure the players would welcome playing behind closed doors.

West Ham fans are just a sort of Millwall light.

But probably nastier when things are not going well.

Millwall fans seem to love being rubbish.

I don't blame them at all. They are being asset stripped exactly the same as we were, just on a much larger scale.

Silent AFCB - 11/3/2018 07:50

I don't blame them at all. They are being asset stripped exactly the same as we were, just on a much larger scale.

Sadly with the amount of money sloshing around, I think we will see a growing alienation between owners and fan base over the next decade. With a greater choice of leisure activities, this might be very damaging for the game as a whole. I feel that way with fifa and the World Cup, been to quite a few and planned to celebrate my 50th birthday in Brazil but opted out and boycotting Russia and Qatar too.

I would have given up when they moved stadium. The whole thing stinks.

True.

But coming onto the pitch and having a go at your players?
Including Noble??????

ffs

I know a few long term Hammers fans who are of a certain age who hated the idea of a move from their old ground.
Didn't matter where, they just didn't want to leave.

2 of them now just do away games.

blandford_cherry - 10/3/2018 21:07

Hefty fine, playing behind closed doors or points deduction? Or nothing?!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43358711?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

The first 3 if it was us!

RobTrent - 10/3/2018 21:32

I'm sure people will do so dibby, but I'm not really talking about kids. If thats their thing then good for them!

Truly a stadium for the prawn sandwich brigade!

I don't know about prawn sandwiches but after visiting once I vowed never to go back. Would love to see them relegated.

Ken Baileys Ghost - 11/3/2018 12:36

True.

But coming onto the pitch and having a go at your players?
Including Noble??????

ffs

I know a few long term Hammers fans who are of a certain age who hated the idea of a move from their old ground.
Didn't matter where, they just didn't want to leave.

2 of them now just do away games.

Oh yeah absolutely, that's not on. Going on the pitch is never a good idea, but I can fully sympathise with those crowding around the directors box.

The thing for Spurs is, at least when Levy leaves they'll still have a stadium that was primarily designed for football (curved roof to keep noise in and circulating, close to the pitch).

West Ham will probably never own a stadium again, stuck in a soulless bowl horribly suited for football, between the PL and the Championship as owners siphon off 10's of millions every year.

Spurs are setting themselves up to try and compete with European giants, West Ham have set themselves up to make their owners as much money as possible over a short space of time.

Meanwhile - across the Channel.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/lille-fans-attack-players-after-montpellier-clash/19tzfper8p1s81fkqe5g1kzn3b

;