Quite Surprised to Hear...

Rodmorg

First Team
... That Howe will only make signings in January if there are injuries in our team. Looks like no Wilshire or Gray for us then! :hihi:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/11177119/bournemouth-manager-eddie-howe-to-keep-the-faith-with-players-in-relegation-fight

Rodmorg - 19/12/2017 17:59

... That Howe will only make signings in January if there are injuries in our team. Looks like no Wilshire or Gray for us then! :hihi:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/11177119/bournemouth-manager-eddie-howe-to-keep-the-faith-with-players-in-relegation-fight

Eddie's not going to say we need x amount of players or what positions we need them and Gray wasn't going to happen directly he signed a new deal.

yesyescherry - 19/12/2017 19:06

as if he tells the world his true intentions anyway

haven’t we learnt that yet

Yes, its not even worth second guessing him.

That said we want to build a new stadium, perhaps he's been told there's no money unless its backs against the wall...I'd be surprised if there was to be fair. Our next set of accounts are going to painful .

Ha. And how many of us actually believe what Howe's going on about here?

He's notorious for waving his right hand about distracting you whilst the left does something totally unexpected.

January is always a hard time to buy as prices are inflated for teams in need of an injection. I don't expect us to get caught out like that, but we all agree that bolstering is required across the squad

We need a centre half and winger to play NOW, not in the future or we'll be in the poo!

...if we don't get some business done in January, then we could have a busy summer of looking for players to get us back up!

Garbo, sorry to upset the masses.

I just want to see some fight, some guile, some cajones.

Just one man to raise his arm and fight for the team, to put his head above the parapet, to put his ass on the line.

We are half way through the season and we’ve been a damp squib.

...think we all want that Dragon...just maybe we don't have the abilities to compete with the top half of this League...it will be the bottom half that determines whether we can stay up!

dragonm8 - 20/12/2017 10:42

Garbo, sorry to upset the masses.

I just want to see some fight, some guile, some cajones.

Just one man to raise his arm and fight for the team, to put his head above the parapet, to put his ass on the line.

We are half way through the season and we’ve been a damp squib.

Ake and Lewis Cook are examples of this surely?

Of course they are.

But you know that one time, that one time where a player does something special?

Everyone is capable of this feat.

The last time we saw that was Fraser v Liverpool.

(You just know some idiot will say it was Ibe v whoever it was)

We need winners, game changers, leaders and influencers.

dragonm8 - 20/12/2017 06:21

Of course they are.

But you know that one time, that one time where a player does something special?

Everyone is capable of this feat.

The last time we saw that was Fraser v Liverpool.

(You just know some idiot will say it was Ibe v whoever it was)

We need winners, game changers, leaders and influencers.

Here here.
We need a couple players in midfield as the current crop bar cook have reached their sell by date imo. Need a dm, cm and the rest to find that spark especially Fraser as I think he can be a special player. Also need formation changed to accommodate 3 in the middle

I don't think Fraser or Ibe are anywhere near good enough for what we require at the moment, maybe if we we go down to Championship, Stanislas is always injured and Pugh too inconsistent. So, basically we've got no wingers we can rely on. We've desperately needed a big centre half since we've been in the Premiership, Ake and Cook get pushed off the ball to easily and I don't know why he persists with Francis, when clearly Cook is better than him but the majority can see these things

I wouldn't bother signing a winger. The way we ask them to play in our system really wouldn't suit the typical modern wide forward. Maybe if Ritchie was available and was willing to take a pay cut its a possibility, but anyone else would take too long to learn the "Bournemouth Way" just like all our other winger signings.

I'd prioritise a midfielder and a RB over a CB. We've been pretty solid defending high balls into the box this season, but my main concern is the tackling department. We need someone who can win the ball infront of the defence and an upgrade on Smith.

Eventually we'll need a right sided CB too but sorting out midfield and RB is the more immediate concern.

;